Contribute
Register

UniBeast will not create High Sierra USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
If there are no other ideas, I will have to erase the HD and try Sierra or El Capitan and then to the garbage pickup next week.

Sierra might be easier. I know that there were lots of changes in High Sierra to add support for eGPU. The EFI that you've been able to boot with using Inject EFI Strings should work...

Sierra might be easier. I know that there were lots of changes in High Sierra to add support for eGPU. The EFI that you've been able to boot with using Inject EFI Strings should work...
Just a thought, is it possible that this system might work with the graphics card that I have?

Just a thought, is it possible that this system might work with the graphics card that I have?

If the GTS 250 is still supported in High Sierra, it should work. We would be able to disable the IGPU in BIOS.

Unfortunately, I can't find any confirmation anywhere that the GTS 250 still works with High Sierra. If it does, it may need Inject Nvidia=true in config.plist.

I would consider use of the latest Beta BIOS Update to see if it can make any difference. I will hesitate only if they warn that you can't go back to your previous version, if the current Beta fails to fix the problem.

It is unfortunate that most BIOS documentation by ALL MoBO manufacturers is very brief and more legalistic than a technically specific file to know what they are actually releasing it to truly fix . Those who read their release notes would get scared to use them for this reason.

I would consider use of the latest Beta BIOS Update to see if it can make any difference. I will hesitate only if they warn that you can't go back to your previous version, if the current Beta fails to fix the problem.

It is unfortunate that most BIOS documentation by ALL MoBO manufacturers is very brief and more legalistic than a technically specific file to know what they are actually releasing it to truly fix . Those who read their release notes would get scared to use them for this reason.
Changing the BIOS is not something I want to try. I am going to have a look at your laptop EFI. Does it make your Hackintosh run slower than if it was an iMac14.2?

Changing the BIOS is not something I want to try. I am going to have a look at your laptop EFI. Does it make your Hackintosh run slower than if it was an iMac14.2?
Changing the BIOS is not something I want to try.
That's your call. I respect that.
I am going to have a look at your laptop EFI. Does it make your Hackintosh run slower than if it was an iMac14.2?
  • The one I uploaded is NOT an EFI from a Laptop. It is an EFI with CLOVER in it from a Desktop computer with the hardware in my Build signature :GA-Z97X-UD5H | i5 4690K. I just used that SMBIOS Product Name only because, after some initial trouble installing the High Sierra Beta (I started with Beta versions in Sep 2017) using iMac14,2, because of Graphics problems, I tried MacBookPro 14,2 as an alternative hoping the intel HD 4600 in the MoBO will be more easily recognized. To my pleasant surprise it worked. I then tested all beta versions and finally switched to the release versions starting with 10.13.0 to the current 10.13.3.
  • I never tried any other SMBIOS Model Name on this set of hardware, mainly because it worked flawlessly like all of my other systems and I had no spare time to test different Product names to see which all would work and which may fail.
  • Every new build of Hackintosh with a certain OS X or Mac OS version in a set of hardware (MoBo+CPU+ Graphics+Hard Disk) must be considered a Test Build unless someone has done the test on the EXACT SET of hardware with the same version of MoBo BIOS and published as a WELL DOCUMENTED manual preferably fully illustrated to blindly use as a cookbook.
  • I provided that EFI only because your System had a lot of close similarities with the one I have and I saw you were trying really hard to succeed.
  • It is good to know, that this is almost like cloning experiments with closer species of of animals or plants. One should be prepared to expect 'surprises' if it is not a perfect match.
  • In such tests, making any changes on the parameters during the procedure, unbeknownst to others participating, can make the results difficult to interpret.
  • Every step has to be well documented with photographs or other types of screen captures from the monitor , or extensive notes (hard to do) before and after each step to personally review or share with others involved in the test for proper analysis and to find the next best step.
I have a feeling that some step in the whole procedure is missed or modified and hence the failed outcome. If that can certainly proved not the case, then the only option is to create DSDTs to fix issues caused by hardware incompatibilities or trial of a BIOS Update.

I wish you success.

That's your call. I respect that.

• The one I uploaded is NOT an EFI from a Laptop. It is an EFI with CLOVER in it from a Desktop computer with the hardware in my Build signature :GA-Z97X-UD5H | i5 4690K. I just used that SMBIOS Product Name only because, after some initial trouble installing the High Sierra Beta (I started with Beta versions in Sep 2017) using iMac14,2, because of Graphics problems, I tried MacBookPro 14,2 as an alternative hoping the intel HD 4600 in the MoBO will be more easily recognized. To my pleasant surprise it worked. I then tested all beta versions and finally switched to the release versions starting with 10.13.0 to the current 10.13.3.
  • I never tried any other SMBIOS Model Name on this set of hardware, mainly because it worked flawlessly like all of my other systems and I had no spare time to test different Product names to see which all would work and which may fail.

I never knew the Haswells were so problematic. I may have to look for a used system acquaint myself a bit more with them...

• I have uploaded EFI from that System [GA-Z97X-UD5H | i5 4690K | Radeon Other] that was using only Intel HD 4600 for Graphics and one Single Disk with macOS High Sierra 10.13.1. as a compressed file.
  • I have also uploaded the corresponding BIOS options as images of BIOS Features , Peripherals and Power .
  • I Hope this will help you succeed.
The main reason for my gesture was the sheer dogged determination with which you went for days on end on this project.Many would have cut and run by this time. What I observed was the true Hackintosh spirit. My hats Off to you.
I downloaded the EFI and copied it to the HD partition. After I restarted the computer and checked the config.plist, it show as an iMac 14,2, not a Mac Pro. CC must saved the file because I unchecked "start in Verbose". What to do?

I never knew the Haswells were so problematic. I may have to look for a used system acquaint myself a bit more with them...
I installed El Capitan with no problems whatsoever, but I erased the HD to install High Sierra, and this is what I got.

I downloaded the EFI and copied it to the HD partition. After I restarted the computer and checked the config.plist, it show as an iMac 14,2, not a Mac Pro. CC must saved the file because I unchecked "start in Verbose". What to do?
  • Wait until it reaches the Desktop .
  • If boot stalls, force-reboot and add verbose boot flag to reboot from CBM screen.
Edited to include : I guess you meant you copied the EFI folder from me to the EFI partition of your HD after mounting its EFI partition on the desktop. You said:
downloaded the EFI and copied it to the HD partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back