Contribute
Register

UniBeast will not create High Sierra USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed El Capitan with no problems whatsoever, but I erased the HD to install High Sierra, and this is what I got.

I don't know what change in High Sierra is causing the issues... I really wish I had a Haswell system here to try.

• Wait until it reaches the Desktop .
  • If boot stalls, force-reboot and add verbose boot flag to reboot from CBM screen.
Edited to include : I guess you meant you copied the EFI folder from me to the EFI partition of your HD after mounting its EFI partition on the desktop. You said:
Here is a copy of the Clover you sent me that is installed in my HD EFI partition. How did you get it to work in your Hack?

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 74
I don't know what change in High Sierra is causing the issues... I really wish I had a Haswell system here to try.
I just checked eBay, and they have the MOBO & CPU that you want. I am guessing that you have a spare case and Power Supply laying around.

I just checked eBay, and they have the MOBO & CPU that you want. I am guessing that you have a spare case and Power Supply laying around.

I was looking at the HP EliteDesk 800 G1 desktops, but I'd like to find a home for my HP Elite 8300 first. I just don't have the room in my apartment for so many computers....

Here is a copy of the Clover you sent me that is installed in my HD EFI partition. How did you get it to work in your Hack?
  • To begin with, I updated my BIOS from its previous version I had when it was running macOS Sierra.
  • Then I did a fresh install with a newly created High Sierra UEFI USB installer.
    • It was one of the most difficult macOS installations I had gone through in the last few years.
    • For details, please read this post #3
  • In that post I had I stated I would do a reinstall when I got a chance [After cloning the Wrong USB installer on to the working one, I lost the Good USB Installer!]
  • Luckily my system on the HDD worked flawlessly.
  • I made clones of that disk and kept for fall back upload.
  • Because of lack of free time, I did not do another clean install of High Sierra on my GA-Z97X-UD5H
  • When I saw you struggling with the installation, I took a new HDD and installed High Sierra 10.13.1 in that from scratch simulating what was probably happening in your system
  • I once again successfully installed a new macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 with just the Intel HD 4600 on a 500GB Seagate SATA HDD. [ I had already installed Radeon 5450 PCIE card that initially did not work on my existing HDD in triple boot]
  • I gave you the EFI Folder from that perfectly working system disk on Intel HD 4600 as a zipped file hoping it would help.
    • I made the mistake off not knowing that your MoBO did not have dual LAN like mine with Intel and Realtek (I was using Intel in my system) and did not include the Realtek Ethernet.kext in CLOVER/kext/Other
  • You were rightfully unhappy/frustrated that your new install did not have Ethernet connection
    • You concluded ,wrongly in my opinion, it was all because of the SMBIOS _Product name in that config.plist was MacBookPro14,2 a laptop name.
  • Without posting your issues with the use of that EFI, you made changes to your system.
  • I had difficulty to follow your posts since then because they were very brief .
  • I did give a troubleshoot to get Ethernet working in that system by downloading, from Tonymac Downloads the Realtek Ethernet kext and pasting it to /CLOVER/kexts/Other and installing to /S/L/E.
    • There was no further feed back
  • I am to-date unsure why the Intel HD 4600 did not work.
  • I was not monitoring that thread of my successful install on #3 and many started to post to that for help.
  • Many had succeeded using the steps and images posted there and the CLOVER from that disk.
  • Not all of them had the exact MoBO.

I have read instructions about how to update the BIOS with Q-Flash Utility. Below is a warning with that utility. How much of a malfunction could it cause? Looking at Multibeast, it does not show MacBook Pro 14,2. Is that a problem?
  1. Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, please do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction.

I have read instructions about how to update the BIOS with Q-Flash Utility. Below is a warning with that utility. How much of a malfunction could it cause? Looking at Multibeast, it does not show MacBook Pro 14,2. Is that a problem?
  1. Because BIOS flashing is potentially risky, please do it with caution. Inadequate BIOS flashing may result in system malfunction.
  • It is just like the boxed text in the label of a bottle of Bug Spray.
  • There are some who feel too scared to use a Bug Spray because of the warning label or take an Antibiotic for a serious or life threatening infection when reading the side effects , it says "some may get an upper respiratory infection" from it .
  • In the case of computer we advice users not to use the On/Off switch to shut down the Computer when it is Powered ON. But if you are stuck with an error screen and no amount of "Watchful Expectancy and Masterly Inactivity" helps the system to come back to its senses , we don't obey the usual warning and would push the On/Off Switch to kill the process.
  • I hope I have answered the question the best way I know,
  • I also said , I had updated my BIOS because I encountered a lot of problems during macOS High Sierra Instlllation and hoped a BIOS update would help and it did.
  • I will be careful NOT to turn OFF Power during BIOS Flash NOR will I Try when a Thunderstorm is in progress in my area and the likelihood of sudden unexpected Power failure quite high.
Looking at Multibeast, it does not show MacBook Pro 14,2. Is that a problem?

• If Multibeast does not have it, CCV has it.
  • Anyway that is required only after initial successful installation and can fix it in post install troubleshoot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back