Contribute
Register

UniBeast will not create High Sierra USB Installer

Status
Not open for further replies.
The BIOS Version is quite current, F7. I will wait for a reply from cmn699 before I try your EFI. Check out the pictures of Verbose booting and the config.plist from cmn699.

This set of picture you posted is very helpful. There's a problem with the SSDT for CPU power management. Try deleting the SSDT related items in config.plist to see if it helps.
Screen Shot 2018-02-18 at 1.41.08 PM.png

Also, SMBIOS shouldn't be MacBookPro. Use an iMac system definition.

Why MacBookPro for a desktop?
I am using the config.plist that cmn699 suggested might work.

What is surprising is how well the Install of El Capitan worked using MultiBeast, but that it does not work with High Sierra.

Why MacBookPro for a desktop?
  • Intel HD 4600 is natively supported in macBookPro and I guessed it may be easy to work in my GA-Z97-UD5H board with i5 4690K .
  • And it simply worked flawlessly in my computer and I did not feel like changing the SMBIOS Model as the system never complained being a Desktop in a Laptop's clothes.:)
  • It is now running macOS High Sierra 10.13.3. in triple boot.

• Thank you for the images of CBM screen and on to the failed Verbose boot screen
  • The screen shows a Graphics boot failure.
  • I am wondering whether my left over Radeon FakeID in Devices >Fake ID section and lack of proper Ethernet driver caused the last boot failure and your subsequent troubleshoot.
  • If you are wiling to try, please do two minor surgeries to CLOVER/Kexts/Other and config.plist_Devices and try again:
    • CLOVER/Kexts/Other the Realtek driver for Ethernet
    • In config.plst_Devicse>Fake ID delete 68E02001 and just type in 0x0 in that ATI box
  • Try one last time with the edited USB installer if you can.

Attachments

• Devices.png
    Devices.png
    114 KB · Views: 72
  • Thank you for the images of CBM screen and on to the failed Verbose boot screen
  • The screen shows a Graphics boot failure.
  • I am wondering whether my left over Radeon FakeID in Devices >Fake ID section and lack of proper Ethernet driver caused the last boot failure and your subsequent troubleshoot.
  • If you are wiling to try, please do two minor surgeries to CLOVER/Kexts/Other and config.plist_Devices and try again:
    • CLOVER/Kexts/Other the Realtek driver for Ethernet
    • In config.plst_Devicse>Fake ID delete 68E02001 and just type in 0x0 in that ATI box
  • Try one last time with the edited USB installer if you can.
When I used the USB Installer to boot, the SMBIOS changed to iMac14.2.

When I used the USB Installer to boot, the SMBIOS changed to iMac14.2.

The USB flash drive contains a different EFI folder. The EFI folders contain all that make your computer appear as a Mac to macOS. On your hard drive, you have the EFI folder that's set to MacBookPro.

In the folder: drivers64UEFI, I wonder if the apfs.efi should be in there. Also, I read that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi should not be used, but use the new OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead. Also, should there be an HFSPlus.efi?

In the folder: drivers64UEFI, I wonder if the apfs.efi should be in there. Also, I read that OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi should not be used, but use the new OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead.

apfs.efi is used for the APFS file system. Since you are using HFS+, it shouldn't matter whether it's there or not. But having it there should not hurt either.

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi works. OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi address some bugs. But for now, either is fine. The issues we need to figure out are why you need Inject EFI strings and why IGPU is not working right.

apfs.efi is used for the APFS file system. Since you are using HFS+, it shouldn't matter whether it's there or not. But having it there should not hurt either.

OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi works. OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi address some bugs. But for now, either is fine. The issues we need to figure out is why you need Inject EFI strings and why IGPU is not working right.
  • Exactly correct.
  • So far evidences seen points toward a Graphics issue.
  • The CLOVER and its config.plist I have given had two significant flaws: the lack of Ethernet.kext for Teachers' MoBo and inadvertently left FakeID for my ATI card.
  • If they both are removed and the CLOVER is made to be like I had given in all other respects, I expect it should boot without any other intervention at CBM screen.
  • The closer is the High Sierra UEFI USB installer's CLOVER in structure and contents to the CLOVER that the High Sierra UEFI HD is going to have , the better it would be for the both.
  • CLOVER which is in EFI folder of EFI partition is that magic that makes the travel of any disk (Installer or System disk) to leave BIOS screen and reach Installation Screen for Installer and Login Screen and Desktop for the System Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back