Contribute
Register

UniBeast: Install macOS High Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

I don't understand why the USB installer is not recognized!? I tried Unibeast and the installer with terminal on two USBs.

I always made the same procedure and the hackintosh works... just the installer is not recognized. What can I do?

Have to usb first is 10.13.3 and 10.13.2 after installing I see 10.13.4 and install taking alot of time. I think its downloading newer version. What can i do to resolve that?

I don't understand why the USB installer is not recognized!? I tried Unibeast and the installer with terminal on two USBs.

I always made the same procedure and the hackintosh works... just the installer is not recognized. What can I do?
thanks for the response i erased the usb a couple of times and then it downloaded, no problem. My question? should the EFI that downloaded also be on the usb drive because its showing up in finder as its own volume drive.

thanks you

Tried to install High Sierra from today. After the first restart I've got a message:

macOS cound not be installed on your computer

The installer resources have expired.
Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again.

I've created my install USB last week and replaced its EFI folder with the one from my working Hackintosh HDD. I'm using this usb stick as a backup loader, just wanted to have it as 2 in 1 boot/repair and reinstall usb disk. I also have a clean Unibeast-only usb stick that worked for me today. I guess that the final boot config with kexts is incompatible with clean installer config.

Last edited:
So I tried downloading a fresh 10.13.4 off of the app store today and it's only giving me a 22MB installer. When I try and use the latest Unibeast (8.2), it gives me this error: "Your selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete. Please delete all copies of the installer from all mounted volumes and redownload it again from the Mac App Store."

Any help or advice here would be appreciated. Thanks!

So I tried downloading a fresh 10.13.4 off of the app store today and it's only giving me a 22MB installer.
If your "Install macOS High Sierra.app" is less then 5 GB, then it's the partial installer and will not work with UniBeast.
Delete all copies of the installer from all mounted volumes and redownload it again from the Mac App Store.
If that doesn't work try Fix/solution for "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Awesome, thank you! That post did not come up in my searches!

I also read on another site that updating to the latest version of the OS on the machine you're downloading the installer on, THEN downloading the update would give the full installer. That is apparently working on my laptop now that it's running 10.12.6. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If your "Install macOS High Sierra.app" is less then 5 GB, then it's the partial installer and will not work with UniBeast.
Delete all copies of the installer from all mounted volumes and redownload it again from the Mac App Store.
If that doesn't work try Fix/solution for "Selected Mac OS X Installer is incomplete"

Last edited:
I have problem with Unibeast 8.2.0 and 10.13.4 Unibest installation is succefull, but too quick in comparision with 10.12.6 on same machine.
But when i trying to boot from flash driver i got in Asus and Asrock uefi boot menu long lag - 30s and some efi container errors messages, after that clover start but usb flashdrive parition is not in the list - i have tried 2 different flash drivers and computers.. 10.12.6 created on same system is working fine.

Is there way how to download 10.13.3 to test from some reliable source, if it is not problem of 10.13.4?

Update: Tried Unibeast 8.1 its the same.

Last edited:
Back