Contribute
Register

Unibeast created Sierra USB installer won't boot 4790k w/ integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover Configurator can destroy your config.plist, you should edit your config.plist with Plist Edit Pro.

To be clear Clover Configurator will not destroy your config.plist, it can however delete things that it does not "understand".
If you don't have any exotic edits then you are perfectly fine using Clover Configurator and it is a great tool for users who are unfamiliar with the config.plist.

If you are able then Xcode or Plist Edit Pro are preferable.

I use it all the time and it's working perfectly fine, never ever had any issues.
Specially for new users it's a great tool.

To be clear Clover Configurator will not destroy your config.plist, it can however delete things that it does not "understand".
If you don't have any exotic edits then you are perfectly fine using Clover Configurator and it is a great tool for users who are unfamiliar with the config.plist.

If you are able then Xcode or Plist Edit Pro are preferable.
I know that Clover Configurator is a good program, I also use it to generate my boot.log and to mount my EFI partition.
But in some posts I heard that Clover Configurator can delete some things and that Plist Edit Pro and Xcode are recommended to edit .plist files, therefore I wrote it in post #9.

1. I tried re-creating the USB drive using unibeast but I still get the same error.
2. I tried removing my 1070 from the system but I still get the same error.
3. I tried changing the SMBIOS to iMac 15,1 instead of the default 14,2 but I still get the same error.
4. I've tried with FixDisplay_0100 enabled and ig-platform-id set to 0x0d220003 but I still get the same error.
5. I've set the IGPU as default in the bios but still get the error.

The frustrating thing is that when I google the error: "busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0): 'GFX0'", all I see are forum posts in foreign languages asking the same question I am with no answers... surely someone must have an idea what is going on here...

I've got a fairly standard Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H with a 4790k. Has anyone else with this hardware setup been able to install sierra?

Edit: I tried setting GFX0 to IGPU using ACPI –> DSDT–> Patches –>

Find: 47465830
Replace: 49475055

This resulted in a new error: busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

Ideas?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back