Contribute
Register

UniBeast and MultiBeast for El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand this http://www.tonymacx86.com/basics/171680-clover-basics-switching-advice.html, you have to switch to Clover with Unibeast 6 Chimera is not compatible with El Capitan at the moment.

Besides tonymacx86 says on http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...l-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc-6.html this:
This site doesn't have any immediate plans to support OS X El Capitan with Chimera/Chameleon. Though Enoch branch of Chameleon does work with El Capitan, legacy bootloaders really have nothing to offer over Clover. Also when building Enoch from the sources available from the official svn repository has resulted in a nonfunctional bootloader.

Is it possible to just install the update from the app store then run multibeast after? or does it have to be a fresh install using unibeast then multibeast after?

If you're on Clover already, you can update from the app store and never use Unibeast, though you'll need some El Capitan specific settings in Clover config.plist, and you might need to update some kexts.

If you're not on Clover, you can't update from the app store unless you first switch to Clover (look in the guides forum).

If you're on Clover already, you can update from the app store and never use Unibeast, though you'll need some El Capitan specific settings in Clover config.plist, and you might need to update some kexts.

If you're not on Clover, you can't update from the app store unless you first switch to Clover (look in the guides forum).

OK thank you

i had a lot of problems with clover, wifi shows networks and connect for a couple of seconds, then i get disconnected ! and i edit my config.plist with clover configurator and replace it into Clover folder but nothing changes when i restart my hackintosh, Ram and processor doesn't run at preconfigured clover Mhz so i decided come back to Yosemite until i know more about clover and surprise ! Wifi doesn't work like used to do! Help me please! I'm waiting for a Multibeast version for el capitan !

Hi Tony

Is that a bad news for older machines? I have secondary hackintosh Dell Optiplex 790 SFF running OS X Yosemite (Unibeast+Multibeast with Chimera) Everything works (only iMessage doesn't work) I don't think clover will work on my Dell 790. What do you think?

Any thought on having both options?

Thanks

hi Tony,

I got some few question hope not a problem.

I dual boot with yosimite and windows 10 on my pc

can I do the same with el capitan and windows 10?

am new to clover and don't know if will be that easy like Chimera 4.1.0 on the yosimite?

thx

It is easy to dual boot Windows UEFI and OS X UEFI with Clover UEFI. I gather you can dual boot Windows Legacy and Clover Legacy. I think mixing one UEFI and one Legacy will give you problems. It is possible to convert Windows Legacy to Windows UEFI if needed, but I don't have a link off the top of my head.

Will Laptop Support come? Its my first hackintosh and my Notebook Keyboard doesnt work

You should post this to the Laptop forum. But first, please put your specific laptop model and CPU/GPU model in the system information area to the left. It'll really help people give you better guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back