Contribute
Register

UniBeast 4.0 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Disk Available to Install On. Connected and mounted 1TB USB HFS Patitioned MBR!

1TB USB MBR 2 Partitions: 1 - 8GB HFS; 2 - HFS Rest of GBs. Still Having No Disk Recognition

I think there may be an issue with USB 3.0 ports, getting no problems with Unibeast 3.01 but 4.0 just gives "No Disk Available To Install On - UniBeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7 GB free." Can't easily get to my usb 2.0 ports, but will try tomorrow.

Article: UniBeast 4.0 Update

I'm having a bit of an issue trying to install version 4.0 on a 32GB Sandisk Extreme USB 3.0 drive. I've used this drive in the past without issue, but now when I try to install Unibeast 4.0 I get the error "No Disk Available To Install On", with the text "Unibeast installation requires a HFS-partitioned removable disk with at least 7GB free" below.

Nothing changed from last time when I used the old version of Unibeast. I'm running this on the same retina MBP that I always do, with an App Store download of Mavericks 10.9.4. I used Disk Utility to create 1 partition named USB using the Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format, and chose Master Boot Record. When I run the new Unibeast 4.0 program, I get this message.

For reference, when I use a 16GB USB 2.0 flash drive there aren't any issues.
We've found that certain disks like that SanDisk won't work with UniBeast 4.0. I saw the same thing during testing and we couldn't isolate the issue. I used a different 32GB USB 3.0 drive with no issues.

Article: UniBeast 4.0 Update

Confirmed working on Corsair Flash Voyager USB3 - 8 Gb.

Corsair.JPG

Hey folks, I've got a noob question. As I am in the process of building a computer, and considering building a hackintosh, would this unibeast release be compatible with a z97 mobo?

I've always transferred the OSX installer to a small partition on my storage drive but this version of unibeast is giving a message saying it can't detect any hfs 7gb+ drives. The partition is 10gb, completely empty and partitioned as Mac OS extended, case sensitive, journaled. I am fairly certain it's the same as previous times, am I missing something?

Does not work with my SanDisk Cruzer Glide USB 8GB flash drive (with MBR partition map and single 8GB Mac OS Extended partition). OS X recognizes the drive as a removable device, but this new version of Unibeast does not. Unable to bypass the "No Disk Available To Install On" dialog.

Luckily I have a backup of the previous Unibeast without the restrictions. Hoping an option to bypass the dialog becomes available soon, or all USB drives are assumed to be removable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back