EVGA GeForce GT 740 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All,

I've just built a customac pro to the latest spec in the buyers guide. I've successfully built the machine and installed Yosemite.

I'm now at the stage where I need to instal all the correct drivers and set up MultiBeast, I haven't yet found a guide that is idiot proof which I can use to help me set things up correctly.

If anybody could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful. Internet works straight away but Audio is not working on the Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD7-TH.

Thank you for your time.

Wow! The forum search function didn't work for you? It worked for me.

Here's the minimum MultiBeast configuration setup for the Z97X-UD7H TH system using the latest version of MultiBeast for Yosemite (which you need to use):
Quick Start > DSDT-Free
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.3 TRIM Patch <--- Only if you have a SSD
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e​
Note: The DSDT-Free also loads several default kexts/drivers; see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document.

Here's a User Builds forum section build description that will help you. :thumbup:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-guides/158748-ga-z97x-ud7-th-build-install-guide.html

There are other build descriptions and guides, but the above has the most information you need to setup your BIOS and running MultiBeast.

Good Luck!

Note: Your GT 740 doesn't need the nVidia Web Drivers because it's not a Maxwell chipset card, so ignore references to the nVidia web Drivers.

References
MultiBeast Features document, page 3.

Thanks Stork, this link is exactly what I wanted. I probably should have been able to find this document myself but I just wanted to be sure I've got the right guide.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back