Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU
i7-9700K, 3.6 GHz
Graphics
Radeon RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Hello all,

First post, but I have been a member for a while. I need help from the pros, because I cannot figure this out. I have a system that will not boot Catalina after being able to install and update my EFI folder on the SSD. I have been following Pastrychef's: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...wi-fi-ac-build-w-i9-9900k-amd-vega-56.239969/ as I think it's the most similar.

This is what I have:
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT
Motherboard: Z370 Aorus Gaming 7
CPU: i7-9700k

I was able to install Catalina via USB. I copied the EFI folder suggested from pastrychef into the SSD EFI. Restarted computer with new config but now, I am getting a kernel panic and seeing "[EB]#LOG:EXITBS:START] followed by +++++++.

I have attached my config to this, I just don't know what else to do. I have tried to boot up in safe mod using args -x, but nothing. I have also tried agdpmod=pikera and nothing happens. Now, unfortunately, I cannot boot with USB or SSD. What do you guys suggest? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: The version of Catalina that I installed is directly from the Apple stor
e. When getting more info, it shows version: 15.4.02. Hopefully this helps.

Edit 2: My bios settings are exactly the same as hackashaqs guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...7-8700k-rx-580-2x-dell-p2715q-4k-60hz.252989/

Save & Exit >Load Optimized Defaults
M.I.T. >Advanced Memory Settings Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) : Profile1
BIOS > FastBoot: Disabled
BIOS > LAN PXE Boot Option ROM: Disabled
BIOS > Storage Boot Option Control: UEFI
Peripherals > TrustedComputing > Security Device Support:Disable
Peripherals > Network Stack Configuration > Network Stack:Disabled
Peripherals > USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support: Auto
Peripherals > USB Configuration > XHCI Hand-off: Enabled
Chipset > Vt-d: Disabled
Chipset > Wake on LAN Enable: Disabled
Chipset > IOAPIC 24-119 Entries: Enabled
Peripherals > Initial Display Output: PCIe 1 Slot
Chipset > Integrated Graphics: Disabled

Attachments

• IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 109
  • config.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 93
  • EFI.zip
    24.7 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
easy system to get up and running, you are missing needed files in your drivers folder.

do some searching, this all been covered in other threads

@donw35 thanks for the reply friend. I don't know what files I could be missing, I have searched again, but nothing. How would I be even be able to add those files, if I can't boot to the OS? I tried booting via -x, but nothing. =[

share your EFI folder

@donw35 here you go. I have zipped the whole file. Thank you again.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.7 MB · Views: 91
I made some changes, let me know what happens..

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    24.2 MB · Views: 123
@donw35 my guy, that worked! lol

Well, partially I should say. I was able to boot via USB this way and only using HDMI instead of DP. I think there was something about that in one of these threads as well.

I should copy this EFI folder to my SSD correct? Is there anything else I should do before I decide to restart my computer? Many thanks again.

yes copy it and start making your modifications, change the serial numbers and what not, I am using DP for my system, HDMI should work but I am not using it so I don't know, may need to set the outputs, its documented though. you are close for sure..

for what its worth, I have moved from COLVER to OC on this system, wanted to get it all sorted with OC should the community begin moving off CLOVER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back