Register

UID-Compliant Trackpad not working in Big Sur

Motherboard
Acer Travelmate P446-M
CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
My UID trackpad is not working in Big Sur, the laptop is a Acer Travelmate P446-M. EFI is listed below its using Opencore.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    45.8 MB · Views: 40
My UID trackpad is not working in Big Sur, the laptop is a Acer Travelmate P446-M. EFI is listed below its using Opencore.
please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
done

DSDT.aml should not be used with opencore

have you determined your exact trackpad model (via windows -> device manager?) do you actually have an I2C trackpad?

DSDT.aml should not be used with opencore

have you determined your exact trackpad model (via windows -> device manager?) do you actually have an I2C trackpad?
windows said it was a hid trackpad, im not sure the model as my windows install is broken

windows said it was a hid trackpad, im not sure the model as my windows install is broken
you need to know the exact make/model

If your windows install is broken, you may be able to use a Linux live USB.
I usually use "xinput --list-devices" in terminal or "sudo dmesg | grep -i input"
Looking in dmesg will show SMBus devices and be a bit more specific about the type of I2C device it is, if it is I2C.

will try
If your windows install is broken, you may be able to use a Linux live USB.
I usually use "xinput --list-devices" in terminal or "sudo dmesg | grep -i input"
Looking in dmesg will show SMBus devices and be a bit more specific about the type of I2C device it is, if it is I2C.

Back