ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Hello,
I don't know a lot about Hackintosh but I tried to make a dual boot Win10/El Capitan recently on a same ssd and I have a problem.
I tried to install Clover on my EFI (Windows partition) and on my OS X partition but in the bios I can't boot in to OS X without my usb drive.
I saw dual boot guides on this forum but it was too late, I don't know what to do in my situation.
My EFI partition is 400MB I made something to resize it.
My question is where do I need to install clover for booting without my usb drive?

Hello,
I don't know a lot about Hackintosh but I tried to make a dual boot Win10/El Capitan recently on a same ssd and I have a problem.
I tried to install Clover on my EFI (Windows partition) and on my OS X partition but in the bios I can't boot in to OS X without my usb drive.
I saw dual boot guides on this forum but it was too late, I don't know what to do in my situation.
My EFI partition is 400MB I made something to resize it.
My question is where do I need to install clover for booting without my usb drive?
Power up/boot, hit delete to enter EFI. If it is the same as my Z87I there is a row of drive icons showing in the lower left. Find the drive icon with OS X and use the mouse to drag it to the left end of the row

Power up/boot, hit delete to enter EFI. If it is the same as my Z87I there is a row of drive icons showing in the lower left. Find the drive icon with OS X and use the mouse to drag it to the left end of the row

Thanks for the reply, my EFI leads me to Windows not Clover. I don't know why. I installed OS X after Windows, shoud I install clover again on the EFI drive ?

Thanks for the reply, my EFI leads me to Windows not Clover. I don't know why. I installed OS X after Windows, shoud I install clover again on the EFI drive ?
Try to install Clover and make sure you check the UEFI box at the first options screen.
If it does not work, start over and follow the Guide for UEFI booting - it is a Sticky in this forum.

Try to install Clover and make sure you check the UEFI box at the first options screen.
If it does not work, start over and follow the Guide for UEFI booting - it is a Sticky in this forum.

Ok my problem is solved, I tried to follow the UEFI guide but I couldn't use it in my case. I installed Windows before OS X. And about my EFI drive, I had Clover on it but my bios didn't show it. So I had to go on windows then install EasyUEFI to make it appear. Now I can see Clover in the bios.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back