Contribute
Register

UEFI GA-Z68X-UD3P- B3 Sleep (Fans running - HDDs active)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 (UEFI)
CPU
i5 2400
Graphics
GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi,

I just updated my Motherboard (The GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Euro) to the UEFI proposed on the official Gigabyte website to get rid of my USB2/3 and my Wake issues. Alsmost everything is fine, my boot speed is 32 seconds from a HDD Seagate Barracuda, no more USB2/3, wake, PS/2 keyboard issues.:headbang:

But, and there's always a "but" on my hackintosh, :rolleyes: when I go to sleep manually or automatically, the fans continue to run. I also noticed that the HDD led indicator is still flashing every few seconds.

I tried removing the CallDigit Drivers => No change
I removed the Darkwake=0 Flag=> No change

:thumbdown:

I noticed I did not install the "Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for use on UEFI motherboards with locked MSRs. ", which I do absolutely not understand the description. WT* is a locked MSR ? How do I know if mine has "it" ? I googled and found no definition :banghead:

I also saw a post saying that on ML (or more likely, on Chimera 1.11.1), the darkwake flag options changed from 0/1 to Yes/No. But which one means 0 and which one means 1 ? :crazy:

Weird thing is, just after going UEFI, and installed (not on purpose :rolleyes:) my old BIOS F4 DSDT, I went to sleep and woke without problems... Then I saw the DSDT, removed it, got a KP on shutdown (most likely because I didn't have the EvOreboot that enable shutdown without DSDT), rebooted, reinstalled Multibeast, this time removing my old DSDT from my desktop, rebooted, and once again, sleep went fine... once. After that, I must have played with Multibeast to get this not working again...

What an idiot !! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks for helping me, I really need sleep to work, because I need (real) sleep...

Thanks,
Clovel

Hi,

I just updated my Motherboard (The GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Euro) to the UEFI proposed on the official Gigabyte website to get rid of my USB2/3 and my Wake issues. Alsmost everything is fine, my boot speed is 32 seconds from a HDD Seagate Barracuda, no more USB2/3, wake, PS/2 keyboard issues.:headbang:

But, and there's always a "but" on my hackintosh, :rolleyes: when I go to sleep manually or automatically, the fans continue to run. I also noticed that the HDD led indicator is still flashing every few seconds.....................

Thanks,
Clovel

Hi, I'm using the same board ( f5 bios ) still with 10.6.8 but going to move to UEFI and mountain lion.
I'm going to do a clean install , dont like upgrading.Are you still having issues ?
I'm using a linksys WUSB600N ver.2 for wifi ,works perfect in 10.6.8 with modified ralink driver but not much mention of usage in mountain lion .That has made me hold off on mountain lion.I dual boot Win 7 and any wifi needs to work with both.
Are you using wifi with your board?

Hi, I'm using the same board ( f5 bios ) still with 10.6.8 but going to move to UEFI and mountain lion.
I'm going to do a clean install , dont like upgrading.Are you still having issues ?
I'm using a linksys WUSB600N ver.2 for wifi ,works perfect in 10.6.8 with modified ralink driver but not much mention of usage in mountain lion .That has made me hold off on mountain lion.I dual boot Win 7 and any wifi needs to work with both.
Are you using wifi with your board?

Hi, I'm not sure why, but now it is working fine again. I had a problem with the UEFI and needed to remove the BIOS battery from the Momo, so the BIOS resets the parameters, and now everything is working.

Hi, I'm not sure why, but now it is working fine again. I had a problem with the UEFI and needed to remove the BIOS battery from the Momo, so the BIOS resets the parameters, and now everything is working.

Hi, did you do a fresh install after uefi or update from lion/SL ?
Can you show me the multibeast options you used to configure your board.
Did you just use uefi selections shown on here by tonymac or did you need to change anything?

My build includes i5 2500k ; noctua nh u12p ; 8gb gskill ram ; ati firepro v5800 , wd caviar black 750gb hdd , linksys wusb600n for wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back