Palit JetStream GTX 680 2GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have bought a new hard drive and wish to install both Mountain Lion and Pangolin on the same one. Is there a guide for doing this, as I heard that there were issues with Ubuntu installing GRUB into the wrong partition? I know there is a Dual boot guide for Windows but I couldn't find one for Ubuntu.

Also, I have Windows 7 already installed on a seperate hard drive, and I have been told that with Chameleon choosing between Win 7 and the other OSs shouldn't be a problem but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I have bought a new hard drive and wish to install both Mountain Lion and Pangolin on the same one. Is there a guide for doing this, as I heard that there were issues with Ubuntu installing GRUB into the wrong partition? I know there is a Dual boot guide for Windows but I couldn't find one for Ubuntu.

Also, I have Windows 7 already installed on a seperate hard drive, and I have been told that with Chameleon choosing between Win 7 and the other OSs shouldn't be a problem but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for your help!

If you want chameleon to be your boot loader and be able to boot any linux distro, you only need to make sure grub get installed to root ( / ) or a /boot partition.

Win7 on its own HDD is best. Just remember it creates a System Reserved partition if installed on a blank drive that contains the boot.ini files. Select this icon at the Chimera timeout screen, not the Windows NTFS icon.

Thanks very much for the help!

Also I would like to ask:

-How much partition space would you recommend for OS X? Is 25GB enough?

-I am not sure which method to follow for installation for the dual boot. I would think iBoot + multibeast but what would others recommend?

Thanks again to everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back