Contribute
Register

Ubermick's Build: i7 3770K//Z77X-UP5-TH //GTX 670 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still running strong and my wakes as well with no issues, going to try another attempt at Lion but I purchased the lion thumbdrive and did not download from store.

Loving the board and build!!

Ubermick - curious to know if you used any guides to overclock? I'm getting crashes and kernel panics when trying to hit 4.3 with the same setup.

ShamanGreeny said:
Ubermick - curious to know if you used any guides to overclock? I'm getting crashes and kernel panics when trying to hit 4.3 with the same setup.

Yessir, this is the one I used:

viewtopic.php?f=49&t=43262

I am getting the occasional issue which may or may not be due to the overclocking - programs in Office 2011 will occasionally refuse to run (when trying to load 'em they crash before they finish loading). I also get the occasional kernel panic when booting (just after the Chimera boot screen), but when I restart it boots fine. Last one, when I shut down I'll get the occasional crash. All these issues are very sporadic, although the kernel panic when booting is the more common one.

ubermick said:

Ugh. I was afraid of that. This is the one that's causing kernel panics and freezes for me, specifically when dealing with turbo boost. I realize that OC'ing is an applied science, so I'll go back and step through it one more time.

Thanks for the reply - you've been extremely helpful!

Hey Ubermick, nice build! I'm considering building mine almost exactly the same, but with a 2500k instead. I know this is kind of an unfair question, but do you think this thing'll withstand software updates? I'm pretty worried about this, cause I wanna use Xcode. I've weighed the benefits of a beast like this against an iMac, and the only thing holding me back is software upgrades.

PS: Never built a hackintosh in my life

Yes, you can update the OS X w/o problems. I've updated my Sandy Bridge system from 10.6.3 installation thru 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) and all the Lion updates. Just don't be an early adapter. Read the 10.x.y tonymacx86 announcement to see what problems, if any, people are having with the latest update. You might want to take a look at the 10.7.3 Update - the Official Thread to see how that update went. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48056 BTW, let me point out that those folks to have problems made mistakes that caused their problems.

Oh great! Thanks Stork!

I have this same board ( GA-Z68X-UD3 )... still waiting for all parts to begin assembly.

Anyway I've been doing some research in overclocking and was wondering if anyone has taken a look at the below thread for the GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 board. I know it's not the same but close to the specs.

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/ ... eview.html

At the bottom of the first post there's an "Overclocking, stabillity and benches" list that might help us get in the ballpark with the settings we need.

> i'm going to do a video i think.

<Yoda> Do... Don't think! </Yoda> :lol:

That video would be fantastic!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back