Contribute
Register

Ubermick's Build: i7 3770K//Z77X-UP5-TH //GTX 670 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok after several days of headaches I finally sat down and relaxed, (so I could think straight) was able to get everything to work and I now have my official first hackintosh!!!

The issue was the UserDSDT, I have the correct one for my motherboard and firmware version (f8) but for what ever reason it will not work, so I did an easybeast install, selected required items, included audio, network and custom themes (for giggles).

Bam I am posting from my hackintosh :headbang:

Thanks Ubermick for posting your build as it was a driving factor (knowing it will work on this mobo)

Tomorrow ill have to run some test on it and then submit it to the builds page

I got my hackintosh working after referring and looking at Ubermick's, Stork's, Gordo's, Skirk08's Builds.
I LOVE IT!

I couldn't get Snow Leopard to recognize my system(Mac App Store Problem). So I ventured on the Unibeast path.

The Unibeast installation has got to be the easiest way of doing things, if you already have a Mac. It's awesome.

Once I got everything stable, I CCC'ed her.

I started overclocking using this guy's method.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=43262

I managed to get my system stable at 4.4GHz running prime95 for 12 hours. =) 34c Idle never going above 70c whilst using After Effects Render Machine.

c0nartiste or ubermick,

I'm wondering if you need to create your bootable usb+unibeast flash drive on an authentic mac or will a hackintosh work. The ones I created where both on a hackintosh, just trying to rule out anything before I make my next adventure onto Lion now that I have SL running.

32bit benchmark with no OCing = 11,678

Glad to see this mobo is working out for everyone :)

Rechora said:
c0nartiste or ubermick,

I'm wondering if you need to create your bootable usb+unibeast flash drive on an authentic mac or will a hackintosh work. The ones I created where both on a hackintosh, just trying to rule out anything before I make my next adventure onto Lion now that I have SL running.

32bit benchmark with no OCing = 11,678

Glad to see this mobo is working out for everyone :)

Hey Rechora, I created everything on my Macbook Pro. I wouldn't be able to tell you whether creating bootable usb+unibeast flash drive on a mac or hack would make any difference. I think just as long as you have an apple ID and it has been bought through the mac app store then you should be fine.

nice benchmark, I am getting 15,9xx @ 4.4GHz on my 64bit Benchmarks

Rechora said:
c0nartiste or ubermick,

Shouldn't make a differnce... had no problem with my desktop hackintosh to make bootable flash drive for my new HP laptop.

Stork said:
None of the Z68 mobos are working correctly with Sleep/wake-up. We're working on a DSDT mod to solve the problem. However, it's not a trivial problem. So, be patient, and await a tonymacx86 blog announcement on the fix.

Does this board have Sleep/Wake at all? I've orderd the GA-Z68XP-UD3

Awesome build Ubermick! Thanks for the great info as it will help with my build. I just finished ordering all parts for my new hackintosh. My four year old hackintosh is getting long in the tooth.

Thanks!

John V said:
Stork said:
None of the Z68 mobos are working correctly with Sleep/wake-up. We're working on a DSDT mod to solve the problem. However, it's not a trivial problem. So, be patient, and await a tonymacx86 blog announcement on the fix.

Does this board have Sleep/Wake at all? I've orderd the GA-Z68XP-UD3

Awesome build Ubermick! Thanks for the great info as it will help with my build. I just finished ordering all parts for my new hackintosh. My four year old hackintosh is getting long in the tooth.

Thanks!

You know what, I've literally just tried it. IT WORKS! i was surprised, I thought my computer had shut down haha. Bluetooth, sound, and ethernet, Webcam, seems to be working fine. Only thing that didn't work is my apple wired usb keyboard. I took it out and plugged it back in and then all seems to be working. YAY!

It's a good board, its done me well. Let us know how it all goes. If you need any help, give us a shout post up questions on mine or ubermicks build.

c0nartiste said:
You know what, I've literally just tried it. IT WORKS! i was surprised, I thought my computer had shut down haha. Bluetooth, sound, and ethernet, Webcam, seems to be working fine. Only thing that didn't work is my apple wired usb keyboard. I took it out and plugged it back in and then all seems to be working. YAY!

It's a good board, its done me well. Let us know how it all goes. If you need any help, give us a shout post up questions on mine or ubermicks build.

Could be wake-from-sleep doesn't work with certain usb ports. I remember this was the situation with my first build ( four years ago ). My memory is kinda foggy with the solution... could have been a power port issue that was fixed with an updated DSDT.

If wake-from-sleep doesn't work with one USB, port try another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back