Contribute
Register

Ubermick's Build: i7 3770K//Z77X-UP5-TH //GTX 670 OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow thats f*ing cool.

I am installing as we speak. Well the second time now actually, everything went fine until my mac app store didn't work. Read a whole load of geek/coding stuff, thought, I am way out of my depth.

Let's hope this second install goes well on the lion part.

Do you by any chance have any tips on this? Did the mac app store work for you?

For giggles, I overclocked it to 4.5ghz. With the Noctua cooler, one core hit 70 degrees celcius briefly during an hour of Prime95, so could probably take it a little higher, but there's really no reason to. Snagged the 64bit version of Geekbench, and...

http://browse.geekbench.ca/geekbench2/567478

As to the App store, I never had Snow Leopard running, went straight to Lion. App store's working for me right now, although the one thing I'm noticing is that Lion isn't showing up under my purchased or installed items...

DUDE THAT IS MEGA!!!! I'm so excited, for about 1 hour I have been fiddling around with trying to install Snow Leopard then on to Lion. I am just going to install lion straight away, WHAT was I thinking. I'll post up pictures of the badboy when it's done. I got my new intuos4 tablet in today. I am really excited to use it!

Ubermick

I went with the same MOBO and graphics card and I'm just having a hell of a time to get it to work, 3 days now and still unable to boot to SL with out iboot in CD drive and even then still unstable.

Resorting to unibeast/lion install and now I'm having issues where I boot to usb-hdd and I get loading operating system........ and that's it, purchased a HP 8Gb USB stick because that is what you used but the damn thing can not be seen by any mac I have plugged into, plug it into a PC and its fat32, so most likely taking it back.

The usb I was able to load lion onto is a PNY 8Gb so I'm chalking that one up to the same issue you had or just an incompatible usb for hackintosh/lion install.

I am taking advantage of the mSata so thinking that might be an issue and just about ready to uninstall it and install the other SSD I purchased.

Any suggestions would be great,

You need to give us more details on your installation steps. BTW, did you use the tonymacx86 Installation Guide for Snow Leopard? (See last link in my signature block.)

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3
CPU - i7 2600K
Memory - 16Gb (4x4 Corsair CMZ4GX3M1A1600C9B) Only have 1 installed
SSD - 120g OCZ NOC-mSata
Graphics - Gigabyte GV-R6870OC-1G
Asus - Blue-Ray Burner
----------------------------------------
Once system is stable and working will install the rest

SSD - 120Gb OCZ VTX3 - drive for windows 7
HHD - 2T Seagate
Bluetooth Adapter
---------------------------------------------------
Install process I have been using

1) iboot
2) install SL dvd, F5, boot SL and install
3) Restart
4) Updater
5) Restart
6) iboot CD to boot to SL on HDD
7) Update to 10.6.8
8) Multi-Beast
This is where it goes down hill
a) Click on USRDSDT, System Utility and boot loader
9) Try to boot to SSD and get Loading Operating System......

I have tried several different selections as well, network, usb3, ati and all will same result

I did a last "Here Goes Nothing Install" this time on Multi-beast i clicked EasyBeast Install, system utility and bootloader and now I can boot from SSD but I lost my network access and still have no audio. I want to run Multi-beast again and select the network drivers, USB3 and Audio Drivers but it took me 3 days to get this far.

I have now purchased OSX Lion Thumbdrive from Apple and created a bootable 8Gb USB drive using Unibeast using this page http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html but when I click F12 and select USB-HDD it will not boot from it and then goes to boot from HHD. I have tried using an 8Gb PNY Attache (its cheap and ill use it if didnt work even though it didnt form ubermick) and 8Gb HP thumb drive.

I have ready the direction on how to get to SL according to your links on your signature but the issue is that multi-beast instructions are to vague and I'm not sure what to select and what not to select, I have the DSDT for my motherboard and mine is F8 so its on the desktop and that didnt seem to work, but it has to sense ubermick has same mobo, CPU and simular graphics card.

It just seems like the iboot-multibeast install goes in a loop, go here for sandbridge but that starts out with make sure to use the iboot-multiboot instructions first.

Again thanks for any help anyone can provide, would like to get to Lion at this point or even stable SL with all drivers :)

Phil - there's no way that memory will fit with the Noctua cooler on that motherboard. If you check out the photos on page two of this thread, you'll see that it completely overhangs the memory slots, so those enormous fins will cause issue. (I've seen some cases where folks have taken a Dremel to those fins, but I would ABSOLUTELY NOT recommend that!)

If you positively need 32gb in there, I'd look at something like a Corsair H100. Unfortunately that would mean taking out the top 200mm fan. There's also the H80, which would replace the rear exhaust fan in the 600T case. (From what I've read, replacing the fans in the H80 is a good idea, since they're SUPPOSEDLY not very efficient, and really loud.)

Another cooler option would be to use ye olde Hyper 212+ cooler. Most folks on here use those and have zero issue with them, and they're a fair chunk cheaper than the Noctua or Corsair coolers. Add another fan to set it up as a push/pull configuration, and I think you'd be all set.

Rechora, I can't offer much in the way for your installation woes. I just nipped down to Best Buy and snagged another USB drive for $7.99 and installed Unibeast on there without issue, and my installation of Lion went more or less trouble free from there. The mSATA shouldn't be an issue, tho... only thing I can think of is BIOS settings. Is your Chimera drive set to boot first?

Again I tried to do the Lion fresh install method (bypassing SL install), it will only boot to USB-HDD IF I have the lion thumb drive plugged in along with the unibeast made USB drive, but again when it gets to the apple loading screen it goes to a blank screen and that's the end.

I'm doing a fresh install of SL to at least boot from HD with out using the iboot CD. As far as checking to see if chimera loads first, I'm guessing you're asking if it boots without the iboot CD?

Boot cycle looks like this, power on, bios post and then it either goes to loading operating system that goes to the chimera screen that indicates to press any key then boots to SL.

OR

Power on, bios post, chimera screen that indicates to press any key then boots to SL

I want to say its the 2nd one but I will find out in an hour when I can back to that stage (I hope)

If I use the easybeast selection of multibeast I can boot from SSD without an issue but then no network or audio. So when i run multi-beast again and select userdsdt select only audio, system and then reboot it will either do a KP or apple screen that goes to a black screen.

Is there any step by step or links that anyone can provide that do not run in circles. Every single one I come across say to go here but if you have this go here and they just refer to themselves over and over at step 1, endless loop with no out... :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back