Graphics
no graphics card
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was wondering if my Vizio 39 inch t.v. is compatible as the boot monitor? Can I boot from the HDMI output? Can you only boot from the dvi?

I was wondering if my Vizio 39 inch t.v. is compatible as the boot monitor? Can I boot from the HDMI output? Can you only boot from the dvi?

There are no problems in using a TV as a monitor. One thing you will discover is that you may need to adjust the overscan/underscan feature either from the TV or from System Preferences/Displays.

Oh I meant, in order to install the OSX, can I use my Hackintosh (HDMI to HDMI) on my T.V. in order to run iBoot? Or do I have to boot from a computer monitor?

Thanks again J, I hope to be a part of the community very soon. Learned a lot from the build, almost there..

Oh I meant, in order to install the OSX, can I use my Hackintosh (HDMI to HDMI) on my T.V. in order to run iBoot? Or do I have to boot from a computer monitor?

Thanks again J, I hope to be a part of the community very soon. Learned a lot from the build, almost there..

Using either HDMI or DVI-D is standard for many installations. You are able to use any digital connection method inluding Thunderbolt and Displayport when available.

If you have a 4K resolution screen make sure that you are using a 'Superspeed' HDMI. Standard HDMI works fine up to 1080P resolution.

When using iBoot and integrated graphics it is normal to get a reduced 'safe mode' resolution until you are using the latest operating system. You can set screen resolution in MultiBeast for 1080P or manually set it in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Graphics cards do not require this setting to be made as they 'talk' with the screen to set best resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back