Contribute
Register

Trying to disable Pascal GPU through DSDT/SSDT patches - need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG im going a little bit crazy every since I added my MSI Geforce 1080 Armor OC. Sometimes my OSX will boot properly and sometimes it will give this error. Do you have any idea why?

*Update* OSX boots 1 time then panics the next time then boots again successfully then panics the next. Arggh!
*Update* OK removing the appleIGB.kext seemed to have fixed this problem

Attachments

• DSC01138.JPG
    DSC01138.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 148
Last edited:
When you want to boot to Windows and the Pascal card do you have to manually select to boot PCIE-1 in your BIOS before startup? If I leave the setting to iGFX, Windows will startup using the Intel HD 530 instead of the Geforce 1080. Is that the same for you?

You don't have to change to PCIE in the bios.

Windows will startup using the Intel HD 530, but you can then tell it to use the Pascal card only in the windows display settings. That means in future it will boot for a couple of seconds on the HD 530, but then switch over to the Pascal card. You monitor may switch over automatically, or you may need to change the input in the monitor controls.

You don't have to change to PCIE in the bios.

Windows will startup using the Intel HD 530, but you can then tell it to use the Pascal card only in the windows display settings. That means in future it will boot for a couple of seconds on the HD 530, but then switch over to the Pascal card. You monitor may switch over automatically, or you may need to change the input in the monitor controls.

How do you enable Pascal in the display settings?

Install the nvidia drivers. It should then recognise the card and allow you to tell it to output on that device only.

Is that under the nVidia control panel or is it a Windwos 10 option?

It's in the normal Windows 10 display settings. You might need to click show advanced settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back