i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Setup and current system
I have a freshly minted Hackintosh using the MSI Z97i AC, EVGA GTX 960, and an Intel SSD. I have almost all of the devices working correctly through a combination of drivers/kexts and poking around in the clover configurator. For some further background, here's a copy of my current working config.plist

Problem
I want to install Windows 7 onto my current intel ssd to dual-boot Win / OSX however I run into issues while I'm trying to boot from a windows 7 bootable usb from clover. I've created the bootable USB using the Boot Camp Assistant from an iso of windows 7 that I got from a reputable source. While I'm in Clover and I have the USB plugged in, there are 2 options. The first is to boot bootmgr.efi and the second is to boot from CD. Neither of these options seem to work, the first option basically does nothing, the clover screen flashes and that's about it. The second (boot from cd) option starts to display the windows screen with the option at the top to "Press any key to boot from CD/DVD..." however after the time expires, the screen is permanently black, only a restart seems to work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, let me know if further info would be helpful in debugging the issue.

Last edited:
You'll want to gain access to a Windows PC and use Rufus to create a UEFI USB key along with your ISO. I don't believe that Boot Camp installation media is the way to go here as I cannot guarantee it creates the UEFI structure. Check the contents of the USB key for an EFI folder. If its not there, then go the route i suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back