Nvidea GTX 770
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I would like to triple boot my PC with Mac OS, Windows and Ubuntu. I have 2TB drive for Windows, 1TB drive for Mac OS, and 500gb for Ubuntu. I would also like the optical drive to work if this is possible. Please may someone tell me how to do this? I'm also interested in the Clover bootloader, but not sure how good it is and how to set it up. Many Thanks

PC Spec:
Intel core i5 4670K overclocked 4.2GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB Graphics Card
16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz RAM
Samsung DVD-RW - Blu Ray ROM Optical Drive

Hi there,

I would like to triple boot my PC with Mac OS, Windows and Ubuntu. I have 2TB drive for Windows, 1TB drive for Mac OS, and 500gb for Ubuntu. I would also like the optical drive to work if this is possible. Please may someone tell me how to do this? I'm also interested in the Clover bootloader, but not sure how good it is and how to set it up. Many Thanks

PC Spec:
Intel core i5 4670K overclocked 4.2GHz
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 2GB Graphics Card
16GB Corsair Vengeance 2133MHz RAM
Samsung DVD-RW - Blu Ray ROM Optical Drive

With 3 drives is easy. Connect Windows drive, boot with F12 key held down to get the boot menu, select the non-UEFI DVD with Windows disk in it, install Windows as you normally would. When done, shutdown and disconnect drive.
Connect OS X drive, install with UniBeast+MultiBeast and get OS X running and booting from the drive.
Shutdown and disconnect the drive.
Connect the Linux drive. Boot the live DVD and select install. At the first screen, select "something else" and manually create your partitions. Make sure you select the root ( / ) to install grub2.
Install it and get it running. Shutdown.
Connect all drives, boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in HDD boot order.
Boot. At the Chimera timeout screen, hit a key to select an OS to boot, remembering that Windows boots from System Reserved icon. If you want the boot to pause and allow you to select an OS to boot instead of having to hit a key, install Instant Menu with MultiBeast.

With 3 drives is easy. Connect Windows drive, boot with F12 key held down to get the boot menu, select the non-UEFI DVD with Windows disk in it, install Windows as you normally would. When done, shutdown and disconnect drive.
Connect OS X drive, install with UniBeast+MultiBeast and get OS X running and booting from the drive.
Shutdown and disconnect the drive.
Connect the Linux drive. Boot the live DVD and select install. At the first screen, select "something else" and manually create your partitions. Make sure you select the root ( / ) to install grub2.
Install it and get it running. Shutdown.
Connect all drives, boot to BIOS and make the OS X drive first in HDD boot order.
Boot. At the Chimera timeout screen, hit a key to select an OS to boot, remembering that Windows boots from System Reserved icon. If you want the boot to pause and allow you to select an OS to boot instead of having to hit a key, install Instant Menu with MultiBeast.
Thanks, how does this work with Clover Bootloader, and how would I set it up? Also, is it the same with internal hard drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back