Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I try to hackintosh a Acer Aspire v3 (A317-51K) with Catalina and don't get the laptops TrackPad and Keyboard working.

I couldn't find people with similar problems in forums. Maybe one of the more experienced users could help me to find my way ? Would be really nice :shifty:

I noticed they are used as HID Devices under Windows 10. How can I do this using MacOS ?

I cannot believe it is not possible with basic workload - it is simple a Keyboard and a TrackPad not a graphical device or Bluetooth.

Thanks for thinking about my problem :think: also simple hints are welcome.

CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi
Do you use voodoops2controller.kext ?

Motherboard
Acer Aspire 3 (A317-51K-35TP)-Clover
CPU
i3-7020U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@valanov yes I tried both voodoops2controller.kext and voodooI2C.kext ... but no success.
I have seen in verbose mode I2C are loaded but doesn't have an effect. Also using Linux and LSPCI I can see I should use the I2C version (because of Trackpad and Keyboard are HID Devices).

At the moment I overflow the EFI Folder with all the I2C an PS2 kexts (knowing it is not the best way) and have seen it uses the ../others/ folder - I was unsure about this while using Catalina-Installer

One time I got a kernel panic based on I2Cservices ... (if I remember right).

Is there a way to store the verbose output within the EFI folder ? So I could publish the output...

CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got I2C elan trackpad too so use voodooI2C with the voodooI2CHID satellite too.
In tandem with voodoops2controller which is for keyboard in my setup I presume.

Asked cause just with voodoops2controller keyboard should work and basic track pad too. I tried without and put it back.

You need both and get HID satellite only with.

Another thing is to force inject the clover kext for your HID devices to work.

Motherboard
Acer Aspire 3 (A317-51K-35TP)-Clover
CPU
i3-7020U
Graphics
HD 620
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@valanov I tried to remove all the garbage from the EFI Folder but it doesn't change things. Now I opened the Laptop and made some pictures. You can find them enclosed.
I am not experienced to find the right information on the pictures. Maybe you can help me out about what is reasonable about the Keyboard and Trackpad.

Attachments

• AcerAspireV3-A317-51K.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
CPU
i5-7200U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Dont touch anything there man.
Upload your actual EFI folder it’s better. You said it’s working under Windows 10 right

Status
Not open for further replies.