Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I try to hackintosh a Acer Aspire v3 (A317-51K) with Catalina and don't get the laptops TrackPad and Keyboard working.

I couldn't find people with similar problems in forums. Maybe one of the more experienced users could help me to find my way ? Would be really nice :shifty:

I noticed they are used as HID Devices under Windows 10. How can I do this using MacOS ?

I cannot believe it is not possible with basic workload - it is simple a Keyboard and a TrackPad not a graphical device or Bluetooth.

Thanks for thinking about my problem :think: also simple hints are welcome.

Hi
Do you use voodoops2controller.kext ?

@valanov yes I tried both voodoops2controller.kext and voodooI2C.kext ... but no success.
I have seen in verbose mode I2C are loaded but doesn't have an effect. Also using Linux and LSPCI I can see I should use the I2C version (because of Trackpad and Keyboard are HID Devices).

At the moment I overflow the EFI Folder with all the I2C an PS2 kexts (knowing it is not the best way) and have seen it uses the ../others/ folder - I was unsure about this while using Catalina-Installer

One time I got a kernel panic based on I2Cservices ... (if I remember right).

Is there a way to store the verbose output within the EFI folder ? So I could publish the output...

I got I2C elan trackpad too so use voodooI2C with the voodooI2CHID satellite too.
In tandem with voodoops2controller which is for keyboard in my setup I presume.

Asked cause just with voodoops2controller keyboard should work and basic track pad too. I tried without and put it back.

You need both and get HID satellite only with.

Another thing is to force inject the clover kext for your HID devices to work.

@valanov I tried to remove all the garbage from the EFI Folder but it doesn't change things. Now I opened the Laptop and made some pictures. You can find them enclosed.
I am not experienced to find the right information on the pictures. Maybe you can help me out about what is reasonable about the Keyboard and Trackpad.

Attachments

• AcerAspireV3-A317-51K.zip
    14.5 MB · Views: 204
Last edited:
Dont touch anything there man.
Upload your actual EFI folder it’s better. You said it’s working under Windows 10 right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back