Contribute
Register

TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Not Detected in Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting and I wonder if it reflects a problem I have had recently ...

For my older build I chose a TL-WN781N which uses the Atheros 9285 chipset and with only a minor tweak worked perfectly under OS X.

I later bought a second one, when they were on sale, just as a spare.

When I thought my original card was failing I swapped-in the new item and exactly as you describe for the 4800 Mavericks would not recognise it at all.

It turns out that although the model number is the same the new card is a version 2 model and features the 9485 chipset which OS X does not recognise.

Makes me wonder if TP-Link have changed chip in the latest version of the 4800 card ?

One way to check (and is the way I found out) is to boot into Windows and check the Device Manager and Network adaptors. It should tell you the chipset there.

Just a possibility...

Has anyone been able to fix this. I have the same problem with WDN4800 Ver 1.3
I'm running 10.9.2 on Asus P6T Deluxe V2. Ethernet is fine, but wifi is just not available in Sytem Pref - Network.
I remember I had to edit a kext for ethernet to work on this mobo:

"- Open a terminal and enter: sudo nano /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/AppleYukon2.kext/Contents/Info.plist
- Find Yukon-88E8053 and make it Yukon-88E8056
- Find 0x436211ab and make it 0x436411ab"

Could this be the problem?

Hey Jeans!

what I did was simply changing the card to another slot, I think I have it in one of the x8 or x16 slot, it works fine, I literally tried a couple different slots until it worked.

hope it works for u too.

-Heyyoumen

Thanks! Will try that tonight and keep you posted.

got the same problem... any help in telling us what you did to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back