MAG Z390 Tomahawk
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Dear All

I just finished my new mackintosh and not sure why the TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 is not being detected at all in the system, is there anything i should be installing in multi beast ? please help

thank you

Detection should be automatic. All that should be required is that you fit the card onto your motherboard, power up your computer and then setup your wireless network using the System Preferences > Network. Can we assume that you have ethernet working?

Can you please fill in the your 'Signature' components. Hover your mouse cursor over your name (top right of screen & click on the setting option that appears. That helps people see what you are using and is a worthwhile courtesy for people that may consider helping you :thumbup:

Adrian B

Thank You for replying :) much appreciated

Sorry for lack of signature, just added and my specs are as followed:

GA-Z87X-OC

i7 4770K
GeForce GTX 780
16GB DDR3 1600 mHz
2 X 128 GB SSD
2TB 7200 rpm HDD

And I haven't tested the Ethernet yet, but so far in system preferences, it shows up as not connected with an IP address, so i assume it should work if i do plug it in. I also checked in System Pref and press the Plus sign and Wi-Fi doesn't show up in the drop down menu either......I have no clue :/

I'm having the same problem here in two different systems.

Not matter wich slot I plug the TL-WDN4800, Mavericks don't recognize at all.
Test in Windows 8, working 100%.

My systems:

System 1
Asus P6X58D Premium, i7 930, 6GB Corsair XM3 Ram, 128GB Vertex 3 SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD, XFX 9600 GSO, Wifi TL-WDN4800

System 2
Asus P6T Deluxe V2, i7 920, 12GB Corsair XM3 Ram, 512GB Vertex 4 SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD, EVGA Geforce GTX 670, Wifi TL-WDN4800

Both systems running OSX 10.9 Mavericks very stable

I'm having the same problem here in two different systems.

Not matter wich slot I plug the TL-WDN4800, Mavericks don't recognize at all.
Test in Windows 8, working 100%.

My systems:

System 1
Asus P6X58D Premium, i7 930, 6GB Corsair XM3 Ram, 128GB Vertex 3 SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD, XFX 9600 GSO, Wifi TL-WDN4800

System 2
Asus P6T Deluxe V2, i7 920, 12GB Corsair XM3 Ram, 512GB Vertex 4 SSD, 1 TB Seagate HDD, EVGA Geforce GTX 670, Wifi TL-WDN4800

Both systems running OSX 10.9 Mavericks very stable

Have you tried to delete all your ethernet details. Re-setup ethernet on en0, and then see if the ethernet is working for you.

Adrian B

Have you tried to delete all your ethernet details. Re-setup ethernet on en0, and then see if the ethernet is working for you.

Adrian B

My ethernet connection works just fine in both systems. The problem I have is with the TL-WDN4800 not being recognized by Mavericks. No Wifi!

Check your Network pane in System Preferences. Is WiFi defined? If not, use the + in the Network window's lower left corner to define a WiFi connection. :thumbup:

Same Problem Here!!!

same here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back