Register

Touchpad not working on HP Envy 13

Motherboard
AsRock x370 Pro4
CPU
Ryzen 5 2600
Graphics
GTX 660
Installed Catalina on a friend's HP Envy 13-ba0022ur. I think the touchpad manufacturer is Synaptics, as indicated by the HP support page. Thanks to VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CSynaptics, the touchpad is now visible in the settings, but still doesn't work. I also installed these kexts under the path system/library/extensions and removed AppleIntelLpssI2C and AppleInstallLpssI2CController from there, but no result.
Maybe they conflict with some other system kexts? How to remove them?

Attachments

• OC.zip
    25.4 MB · Views: 21
Installed Catalina on a friend's HP Envy 13-ba0022ur. I think the touchpad manufacturer is Synaptics, as indicated by the HP support page. Thanks to VoodooI2C and VoodooI2CSynaptics, the touchpad is now visible in the settings, but still doesn't work. I also installed these kexts under the path system/library/extensions and removed AppleIntelLpssI2C and AppleInstallLpssI2CController from there, but no result.
Maybe they conflict with some other system kexts? How to remove them?
keep hackintosh kexts in your OC/Kexts folder

remove any that you copied in /S/L/E

do not remove apple system kexts

keep hackintosh kexts in your OC/Kexts folder

remove any that you copied in /S/L/E

do not remove apple system kexts
I already tried that, it didn't work and I came across a guide where they advised to remove those 2 kexts

I already tried that, it didn't work and I came across a guide where they advised to remove those 2 kexts
put them back

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

put them back

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:
How does this link help me? I have tried VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2. They gave results (trackpad displayed in the system), but the trackpad still doesn't work

How does this link help me? I have tried VoodooI2C and VoodooPS2. They gave results (trackpad displayed in the system), but the trackpad still doesn't work
the link tells you about your hardware profile.....

Back