i7 4700mq
Graphics
GT 740m
Hello guys,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-111 with the following specs:

CPU: Intel i7-4700mq
Graphics : Nvidia® GeForce™ GT 740M & Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless
Ethernet: Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit EthernetSynaptics SMBus TouchPad

This was my first try and I successfully installed OSX Sierra on my laptop. At first the HD4600 was recognized but with only 4mb. After a few days of research and a lot of tries I found rehabman config.plist for this graphics card and I got to the point where the graphics card (HD4600) is recognized with 1536Mb, and HDMI works, but somehow I still have lag and glitches.

Is it normal to have some lag or am I missing something here?

Hello guys,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-111 with the following specs:

CPU: Intel i7-4700mq
Graphics : Nvidia® GeForce™ GT 740M & Intel® HD Graphics 4600
Wireless: Qualcomm Atheros AR956x Wireless
Ethernet: Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit EthernetSynaptics SMBus TouchPad

This was my first try and I successfully installed OSX Sierra on my laptop. At first the HD4600 was recognized but with only 4mb. After a few days of research and a lot of tries I found rehabman config.plist for this graphics card and I got to the point where the graphics card (HD4600) is recognized with 1536Mb, and HDMI works, but somehow I still have lag and glitches.

Is it normal to have some lag or am I missing something here?

You probably forgot to install FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Yes, that was it. Also sound started working again. Thank you very much.

Working:
Graphics, Keyboard, Sound, Ethernet, Usb, HDMI

Not working:
Touchpad(Synaptics), Battery, Wireless, VGA

Also installed OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver, and battery icon now shows up and everything seems to be working, battery stats doesn't seem to update instantly but it's working, eg. I removed the cable and after a while the stats jumped from 100 to 95. Still is ok for me.

Once again, thanks.

Wireless now working, using this tutorial (
). The only difference was that I installed the IO kext in S/L/E.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back