Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice buid, but what about USB 3.0, is it working properly?

I have the same question, is USB 3.0 working?

That's the only thing not working on my system, I mean the ports work but only at USB 2.0 speeds.
I have tried the USB kext on the latest MultiBeast and still nothing.

I'm using a GA-H87M-HD3

Here's a screenshot of the USB portion of my System Profiler. Seems to be working at USB 3.0 "SuperSpeed" with my USB 3 SATA adapter. I'm not using any USB3 XHCI kext, as the Intel 8-series chipset has native support for USB3.

Screen Shot 2013-09-23 at 1.46.12 PM.png

I followed the instal as detailed in the first post, but its freezing in the post MultiBeast reboot.
Here's the -V screenshot
IMG_1307.jpg
Thanks
MB: GA-Z87MX-D3H REV:1.0 F5
CPU: 4770K
RAM: 8GB HperX 1600
SSD: HyperX 3K 120GB
Display: ASUS PA248 via DP

Looks like one of my initial freezes. Sadly I haven't got any advice yet.

Thanks for the tip om ACD and resolution setting. Will try tonight and report back.

I would guess if you want more states you could try generating an SSDT for it and/or use a Haswell smbios after the new Macs come out. It's early days yet for this hardware, and I'm sure more complete support can be achieved.

New Haswell iMac are out.
I have a Macbook Air mid 2013 Haswell, if that can help.

I have the same build, except with an i5. This is a great build, very little bios configuration needed. Benchmarking in Unigine, it outperforms the HD4000 by a few fps, but I notice micro stuttering. Hopefully as newer graphics drivers get released this problem will go away. Also another problem is it doesn't throttle very well, because the p-states are one extreme or the other (8x, 35x,37x, 38x, 39x--something like that). Anyways I hope their will be a good SSDT solution soon.

I have the same build, except with an i5. This is a great build, very little bios configuration needed. Benchmarking in Unigine, it outperforms the HD4000 by a few fps, but I notice micro stuttering. Hopefully as newer graphics drivers get released this problem will go away. Also another problem is it doesn't throttle very well, because the p-states are one extreme or the other (8x, 35x,37x, 38x, 39x--something like that). Anyways I hope their will be a good SSDT solution soon.

Tonyx86 or aaron97, could you please test if the stuttering is there when playing a full bluray or a big 1080p file?
I have ordered the same motherboard and an i5-4670k and hope everything works as smooth as with my i3-3225 build.

Thanks!!:rolleyes:

Tonyx86 or aaron97, could you please test if the stuttering is there when playing a full bluray or a big 1080p file?
I have ordered the same motherboard and an i5-4670k and hope everything works as smooth as with my i3-3225 build.

Thanks!!:rolleyes:
You have nothing to worry about. Watching a 1080p movie is not taxing at all, you'll be fine. It's a very nice motherboard though, I got mine at Microcenter for $85,

For anybody who is wondering about buying this build, there is like a hidden sale on Microcenters website for this board. If you put a haswell processor in your shopping cart, along with this board, it will drop the price on the motherboard from $115 to $85. Unfortunately, you can only pick processors up in store, so when you checkout you have to select pickup in store. On newegg with an i5 this would cost you $365, at microcenter it would only come out to $285. Jump on this time while it lasts.

You have nothing to worry about. Watching a 1080p movie is not taxing at all, you'll be fine. It's a very nice motherboard though, I got mine at Microcenter for $85,

For anybody who is wondering about buying this build, there is like a hidden sale on Microcenters website for this board. If you put a haswell processor in your shopping cart, along with this board, it will drop the price on the motherboard from $115 to $85. Unfortunately, you can only pick processors up in store, so when you checkout you have to select pickup in store. On newegg with an i5 this would cost you $365, at microcenter it would only come out to $285. Jump on this time while it lasts.

aaron97 thanks a lot for your quick reply and advice, that's a great deal and I wish I could buy parts at those prices but I am in Spain, the motherboard costs 126,72 € and the processor 204,04 €

I have just received both today and I agree the mb looks great.

Have you OC the haswell yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back