Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first hackintosh. Same motherboards, but other CPU i7-4770S. Can't get it to boot without the -x after running Multiboot.

Last attempt with the same settings above ended with a blank screen. Wonder what I could be doing wrong.

It stops with the logging entries:

SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR kSMCREadKeyComm/kSMCReadWithSNCComm failed for key BEMB (kSMCSucces)
*** IOBluetoothHCIController[SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport

I am only on F2 version of the BIOS. Does that matters?

disable the BIOS VT-d
Better course F5

Thanks for the tips, but sadly it turned to the worse. Now it crashing hard on start up. Flashed to F5. Same result. Now it wont even boot with -x. I think I will start over since I had more disks in the system.

Well got it up in Safe mode again. It sends the display to the HDMI port and not the 30" Apple display I have on DVI.

Is there any known issue with DVI and that resolution?

Not sure- I've never tested on a display higher than 1080p max res.

Hi I, sorry for replying to this message but I just want to know one thing from you quickly.
I can see that the Z87N is under the buyers guide.
Does the sound work in that mobo? I can not find any build on that specific board yet.

Thanks...

Hi I, sorry for replying to this message but I just want to know one thing from you quickly.
I can see that the Z87N is under the buyers guide.
Does the sound work in that mobo? I can not find any build on that specific board yet.

Thanks...

It has the same onboard audio ALC 892 as this board, so it should work just fine using AppleHDA from the latest MultiBeast.

nice rig and nice guide..

i've got the z87m-d3h delivered tomorrow with the i3-4330.

for starters i'd like to use only the igp tat 4330 has on (4600?) is there a specific bios and/or chimera 2.x configuration that i must follow to have results? i've seen the -x after install to boot onto setup, but i'm just asking for more info if i stuck into a problem!

thank you in advance!

Well got it up in Safe mode again. It sends the display to the HDMI port and not the 30" Apple display I have on DVI.

Is there any known issue with DVI and that resolution?
It's your ACD. The BIOS and Chimera can't negotiate a resolution to display with the ACD, and, thus, tries the the HDMI Port. This is well known problem with ACDs. I have a 23" ACD with DVI so I feel your pain.

You can try "GraphicsMode=2560x1600x32" to see if Chimera can display OS X on the ACD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back