Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same CPU (i7-4770K) and motherboard (GA-Z87MX-D3H) with ML 10.8.5 working with HDMI connected to HD 4600 from the time it was released. I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes. As said on this thread, HDMI audio is not working yet. Otherwise, everything else seems to work.

Based on the initial part of this thread, I copied FileNVRAM into /Extra/Modules and rebooted.

I am not sure what else needs to be done before iMessages can be enabled, but it is not working for me. When I try to login, I get an error: "Could not sign in to iMessage."

After copying the FileNVRAM to the /Extra/Modules/ folder, you need to reboot with the Chimera option "UseKenelCache=No" just once. That's the way I got my iMessages to work.

Changed UseKernelCache to No and rebooted once. Same error.

I am using the EFI partition to boot from. I am not sure if that is the issue.

The Extra/Modules folder is on the EFI partition and not on the Mt Lion partition.

I have the same CPU (i7-4770K) and motherboard (GA-Z87MX-D3H) with ML 10.8.5 working with HDMI connected to HD 4600 from the time it was released. I used GraphicsEnabler=Yes. As said on this thread, HDMI audio is not working yet. Otherwise, everything else seems to work.

Based on the initial part of this thread, I copied FileNVRAM into /Extra/Modules and rebooted.

I am not sure what else needs to be done before iMessages can be enabled, but it is not working for me. When I try to login, I get an error: "Could not sign in to iMessage."

Can anyone confirm SPDIF works with DTS and XBMC?

Thanks!

Can anyone confirm SPDIF works with DTS and XBMC?

Thanks!
SPDIF shows up under audio in system preferences, but I haven't actually tried it yet. I have no doubts though that it would work fine.

I have the same build, except with an i5. This is a great build, very little bios configuration needed. Benchmarking in Unigine, it outperforms the HD4000 by a few fps, but I notice micro stuttering. Hopefully as newer graphics drivers get released this problem will go away. Also another problem is it doesn't throttle very well, because the p-states are one extreme or the other (8x, 35x,37x, 38x, 39x--something like that). Anyways I hope their will be a good SSDT solution soon.

First off, thanks Tony for all your work. I followed this build verbatim and am running OS X Mountain Lion right now without any major hiccups (at least not yet).

Aaron - What do you mean by microstuttering? For me, when I switch between the dashboard and control center the graphics stutter a little bit, and i assume you mean that. Also, when I start up safari and it shows my recent tabs it's constantly flickering, and the same with the sliders on apple.com (or any slider for that matter). Is this a normal with haswell, or something else?

First off, thanks Tony for all your work. I followed this build verbatim and am running OS X Mountain Lion right now without any major hiccups (at least not yet).

Aaron - What do you mean by microstuttering? For me, when I switch between the dashboard and control center the graphics stutter a little bit, and i assume you mean that. Also, when I start up safari and it shows my recent tabs it's constantly flickering, and the same with the sliders on apple.com (or any slider for that matter). Is this a normal with haswell, or something else?
The only time I noticed this was while running unengine. It would run smoothly then freeze for a split second then continue and freeze for a split second etc... Maybe it was running out of VRAM or maybe it was just due to early drivers.

I didn't experience any of the problems that you were talking about, but then again I haven't really tested it much because I'm pretty busy.

The only time I noticed this was while running unengine. It would run smoothly then freeze for a split second then continue and freeze for a split second etc... Maybe it was running out of VRAM or maybe it was just due to early drivers.

I didn't experience any of the problems that you were talking about, but then again I haven't really tested it much because I'm pretty busy.

Got it workin'. Third time is a charm. This whole 'patience' thing is pretty important with technology. The only reason I can think it was acting up after the first 2 installs was that I forgot to boot into safe mode right after making the partitions on the HD. Maybe I'm crazy. Either way, third time was a charm and it's running fantastically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back