Contribute
Register

tonymacx86's Haswell mATX: GA-Z87MX-D3H - i7-4770K - HD 4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed the instal as detailed in the first post, but its freezing in the post MultiBeast reboot.
Here's the -V screenshot
View attachment 68131
Thanks
MB: GA-Z87MX-D3H REV:1.0 F5
CPU: 4770K
RAM: 8GB HperX 1600
SSD: HyperX 3K 120GB
Display: ASUS PA248 via DP

Im using a H87-D3H, also experiencing the same issue.

Did you guys have any resolution to this problem?

I reinstalled system from scratch via Unibeast, with bios setting
1) Load optimized defaults
2) Set Profile 1 for my memory
3) DISABLE VT-d

Boots now with any other flags on HD4600. NOw i shall try plugging in my GTX 650.

Thanks tonymacx86! - I followed your guide and I have success after weeks of trial and nothing but errors. Well done!

My build:
Motherboard - GA z87n-WIFI (Bluetooth works, no WIFI though)
Processor - Intel Core i5 4570 3.2 GHz
Memory - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz
Graphics - Onboard Intel HD 4600 (Running 2x dual monitors via HDMI)

Hi Tony,

Fantastic build. Easy on the wallet and lots of power.

I am going to go check if I can get all these components in Taiwan now.

Before I do tho, I have a few questions:

I cant find the Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H online in Taiwan, going to go to a shop now & see if they can order it for me, IF i cant find that board, can I use the GA-Z87X-D3H, obviously in an ATX case, and follow the same setting during installation of your build?

Will this build work fine with a Crucial M500 $80Gb SSD and Western digital Scorpio Black 750Gb Hdd? They are both for Intel 7 series chipset. (I recently purchased these two drives for my Mac Mini, but would like to just use them for the build.)

Also I would like bluetooth for my mac keyboard & Mouse. How easy is it to get the
IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 Adapter to work?

I will also need firewire for my TC Electronic soundcard, but can't find anyone using your mobo with a firewire pcie card. What would be the easiest & safest card to get. It's not so easy in Taiwan to return stuff usually, so i want to buy the right gear first off.

And a final Question, on the Sept, buyers guide, the CustoMac Mini Deluxe also interests me, cos bluetooth will work immediately. Can i follow your installation instructions to the T to install it, or will there be a few different things as it's a slightly different board?

Thank you for your time and info. Your site is extremely helpful & the mods, very patient!!!

Hi all, I have all up and running.

I can say everything works in this quiet and fantastic build:

Gigabyte Z87MX-D3H
Intel Core i5-4670K @ 3.40
Corsair 8GB 1600 MHz
Samsung 120GB 840 Evo
Corsair CX500M

LG 27EA83-D via Displayport 1.2, 2560x1440 @ 60Hz

I have tested sound via SPDIF and it works with XBMC and DTS

Benchmarks:
Captura de pantalla 2013-10-01 a la(s) 14.57.07.pngCaptura de pantalla 2013-10-01 a la(s) 15.05.31.jpg

Thanks everyone for the comments and help!

:lol:

Finally got around doing more and with some success. Started from scratch.

I think I had to change BIOS/UEFI XHCI from Smart Auto to Auto, before I could boot without -x.

My other problem, not resolved, is my ACD. I can use it now, but damn if I can get it above 1280x800 in resolution.

My attempt to use full res. (2560x1600x32) over DVI-D was stupid, since the DVI-D only support 1920x1200 as far as I can read in the specs.

But any attempt to set "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32" (or 1920x1200x32) does not change anything on DVI-D or HDMI (via a HDMI to DVI-D cable). I only have a dual-link mini displayport to DVI-D, so I can't test displayport. And Displayport to Dual-link DVI cables are expensive.

Where do I go from here? Buy a new display or buy graphics card or something I have missed in boot options?

So what would it take to have more speedstep p-states?

In the current state it is as if the CPU is always at 100%?

Please excuse my ignorance! :)

Dear TonyMac ,

Your site has been my Bible .... for setting up systems ....
The 77 seires boards , and the HD3000 have been ultra stable .....
Moving up to Haswell now ....
The 4600 Intel implementation seems to be a little flaky with 2.2 .....
Once that is being used , there is a shutdown problem , CPU fan is active
30sec + after displays switch to standby ... Same with the H87 D3H and the Z87X OC mobos ...
And when using Dual displays , intermittently the boot up process gets stuck showing a color wheel on a white background
just before the desktop is supposed to be coming up ... ie after the Apple logo ....Then a hard reset has to be performed .....
HELP Dear ...........

Dear TonyMac ,

Your site has been my Bible .... for setting up systems ....
The 77 seires boards , and the HD3000 have been ultra stable .....
Moving up to Haswell now ....
The 4600 Intel implementation seems to be a little flaky with 2.2 .....
Once that is being used , there is a shutdown problem , CPU fan is active
30sec + after displays switch to standby ... Same with the H87 D3H and the Z87X OC mobos ...
And when using Dual displays , intermittently the boot up process gets stuck showing a color wheel on a white background
just before the desktop is supposed to be coming up ... ie after the Apple logo ....Then a hard reset has to be performed .....
HELP Dear ...........

As you have completed the installation.Try resetting your BIOS, if there is a button like on a lot of the Z87 boards then press it, alternatively read your motherboard manual to reset the the cmos jumper switch. Then set your BIOS to Optimised defaults selecting your priority graphics. Post reply.

schafdog

Any adapters are not supported, it is stated in the description of the motherboard manufacturer. Resolution of 2560x1440 can be achieved using the Display port. I purchased for this purpose monitor Qnix 2710 DP. I can also use the HDMI VGA-RGB and DVI-D with a resolution of 1920x1080. The only thing I still can not restart when the default set output with ALC892, I constantly switched on of the monitor. You can also try to find something like this adapter Dell BizLink DisplayPort to DVI-D Dual Link Adapter, I have heard that it works.

Has anyone here had memory problems with this board? I notice that in the customer reviews a fairly large proportion of users were having blue screen of death problems. Though reviews have been a bit mixed and the lack of Thunderbolt is very disappointing, I am considering this board, when Gigabyte bring out the C2-stepping revised boards, also considering the ASROCK Z87M extreme4 and the MSI Z87 G45 Gamer. I own a GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH and have been very happy with it, using a Creative Xmod USB for sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back