Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 9400 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 8800 GT

Could anyone post a new DSDT for this build because the one from the database doesn't work properly for me in Lion 7.2. I'm on Bios F11. Thanks

Hmmm. You have something else that's wrong because my tonymacx86 DSDT F11 works like a champ with Lion.

ikbenfrank said:
Could anyone post a new DSDT for this build because the one from the database doesn't work properly for me in Lion 7.2. I'm on Bios F11. Thanks

Give this a go by all means!
When you've unzipped it, re-label it to just say DSDT.aml, throw it into extra and hit "replace"

I've only got FakeSMC, ALC8xxHDA and AHCI3rdPartySATA in S/L/E.
Use Lnx2mac's installer for Lan.

You may have something weird going on with your system because Stork speaks the truth.
Have you tried darkwake=0 :?:

Attachments

• P55M-UD2 DSDT.aml.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 150

plexi said:
ikbenfrank said:

When you've unzipped it, re-label it to just say DSDT.aml, throw it into extra and hit "replace"

You may have something weird going on with your system because Stork speaks the truth.

Your DSDT worked for me. I'll look into it to see what's different from the one in the database. Thanks

ikbenfrank said:
plexi said:
ikbenfrank said:

Your DSDT worked for me. I'll look into it to see what's different from the one in the database. Thanks
It's quite a bit different to the one in the database.
Took a few days of applying the right edits and testing.
It's definitely right!

plexi, since you're posting in tonymacx86's P55M-UD2 build thread, I'd recommend post the differences you did from tonymacx86's DSDT. By doing so, you can contribute to the knowledge base here. I know I'd like to know the difference, and I'm sure tonymacx86 would too. :thumbup:

Stork said:
plexi, since you're posting in tonymacx86's P55M-UD2 build thread, I'd recommend post the differences you did from tonymacx86's DSDT. By doing so, you can contribute to the knowledge base here. I know I'd like to know the difference, and I'm sure tonymacx86 would too. :thumbup:
It's probably best you download it and compare with the one in the database using an editor to have a look.
I didn't actually come up with any of these edits myself!

I've simply taken all of the known P55 edits and only applied the ones that actually make a positive difference, including some edits by MacMan among other dudes.
This includes only re-naming devices where necessary.
Device (SBUS) is still named (PX43), etc.
Having said that, there are more edits overall in this DSDT than in the one in the database.

A lot has to do with the way the vanilla dsl has been extracted in the first place.
I only use windoze to extract from.
It's also desirable for the edits to be applied to a dsl taken from the actual machine the resulting DSDT is gonna be used on.

This is why I use the database only as a starting point as the type of memory and even the GPU used when extracting a vanilla dsl, can of course give different results when used on the same mobo, same bios with different ram/GPU, etc.

The fact that you have had no issues with the database DSDT and Ikenfrank has had issues, but was fine with the one I uploaded, just goes to show that different hardware can work differently with a certain DSDT.

tonymacx86 Build - GA-P55M-UD2 - Core i5-750 - 8800 GT

Here's an update on this rig- still running as well as it did in 2009. :D :thumbup:

Sorry for the dumb question but what is the update? Can't find a hint on the first page. Is the update the GPU?

Sorry for the dumb question but what is the update? Can't find a hint on the first page. Is the update the GPU?

I was talking about updating to 10.8.2- it went great. There is no update on the build itself- still running fine with UserDSDT. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back