Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H55N-USB3 - Core i3-530 (Mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
darthtux said:
@bliq00 - I have the exact same problem as you, Multibeast crashes and so do the other installers. And once I am able to install the DSDT file with Multibeast, I can no longer boot. I would also love some help with this one.

So this is what I did. After the installing osx and rebooting, at the desktop, I opened up multibeast and the network driver installer. I clicked through each one until the point I chose the selections in multibeast and chose "release" for the network driver. Make sure you get all the selections required in multiboot, there are something like 7 or 8 of them. Then I installed the 10.6.8 installer and when it completed, before hitting restart, I completed the multibeast and network driver installations. The multibeast said "Failed" but I think it was really successful. I've read that sometimes some installers will falsely say Fail even if it's successful- I'm not really sure what the reason for that is. the network driver I think completed successfully. Then I clicked reboot on the updater window. I think after all of these installs are done, even if the installer crashes and closes all three windows, you can manually reboot and it'll be ok.

In any case, I now have a working hackintosh (that I have no real use for :) ).

@bliq00 - Thanks for the reply. I did it exactly as you said and it was looking good because multibeast did not crash and take the others with it, and it did say it failed, like you said it would. Now, every time I reboot, it has a kernel panic no matter what settings I use at boot up. That's odd, given that you and I have almost identical machines.

im building this mini itx but im puting in a Core i5 760 and a coolit all in one watercooler. just waiting on all my parts to turn up dam postman grrrr. so i will be back on here asking for help if i cant find it out on search 1st ^^ but if any ones thinks i should get some other parts please let me know as this is my 1st build :D thanks all

yer thats what i would like to know. as im building this ^^

Lion works fine on it. I just upgraded during the weekend.

Ok, Got it fully working with Xmove method. I used to have a freeze up at installer screen so went out and got Mac 10.6.4 and over compatible mouse to do the trick.Got HDMI sound going with Vodoo 2.0.1 .thanks to Tony and forum i got a fully working HaCkintosh.

im just waiting for my cpu to turn up and then i will be leting every one know ^^ but by that time i bet some one will have uploaded some info about it lol nvm :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back