Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H55N-USB3 - Core i3-530 (Mini-ITX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this rig still a recommondation?
I ask because I guess the new Minis with Sandy Bridge will come out soon and iBoot/Multibeast support the new hardware perfect.

Huberer said:
Is this rig still a recommondation?
I ask because I guess the new Minis with Sandy Bridge will come out soon and iBoot/Multibeast support the new hardware perfect.

If you can find em, 1156 builds are still running as great as ever! Fortunately or unfortunately 1155 builds are the replacement.

Hey there !!

This is my first reply, please someone help me its urgent...I've ready all 10 pages again n again :D

I have DH55TC Core i3, 530 without any graphics card only integrated !!
I installed from a retail dvd 10.6.3 had issued with that regarding NO DSDT replacement found blah blah, then I found out to select qoobz 10.0.3 kernel and installation went fine. I did combo update 10.6.7, run legecy kernel and multibeast with IOUSB family fix and got reboot, now apple intel cpu powermanagement timeout error comes up. please help

Please note that I have not selected any graphics driver during any installation. Neither any DSDT patch. I have flushed by bios to the latest.

Im ready to sacrifice on graphics for my machine to make work, please help :( Im all ready to sacrifice graphics and audio, it doesnt matter for me, Do let me know if it can work without any graphics card??

P.S, I know quite well integrated graphics is not supported, however from technical perspective, if I can reach up to 10.6.3 (without any DSDT patch or soemthing) then why not further? There must be a workaround for this. No?

Btw, I have already installed hackintosh on two different machines,

DG31Pr with 8500GT
DP35DP with 9600GT all working fine and updated to 10.6.7 ... Now I need to get this corei3 530 working :banghead: :banghead:

jamajamajama said:
Hi,

Thank you all for good avice and excuse me if I'm asking for something obvious.

I built an almost identical system. Everything works 100% (including sleep and USB 3), with the exception that the fans seem to be running at full speed all the time. This makes the system very noisy and I think I could afford to reduce the fan speed, since the CPU temperature is around 36 C and system temperature 40 C. I have enabled smart fan control in the BIOS and tried FanControl http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23137/fan-control and smcFanControl http://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/23049/smcfancontrol. Neither worked and smcFanControl did nothing after stating that it has not been tested on my system.

In the install, I used iBoot+Multibest with custom DSDT, 64 bit GraphicsEnabler=yes, Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet, realtek audio kext and USB3 kext.

I hope I have provided enoiugh information for someone smarter than me to spot the problem. Thanks in advance!

The problem persists. I have tried nullCPUPowermanagement, but it does nothing but destroys the sleep function. I have latest BIOS (F5) with the appropriate DSDT. I used the new Multibeast to install the SMC tools to monitor fan speed and CPU temperature. CPU speed hovers around 2000 rpm with smartfan enabled in BIOS and at 2700 rpm with smartfan disabled. CPU temperature is about 37 C with and 42 C without smartfan. Is the motherboard faulty or is the default fan setting that high?

Any observations and remarks on noise level/fan control are welcome!

I followed the lifehacker tutorial to get my 10.6.5 system updated to 10.6.8.

Everything went smoothly and as expected....until after I rebooted at the end.
Comes up with a kernel panic.

I can see behind that stupid square window in the center screen something about voodoo.
Attaching screenshot of panic screen (after finding the verbose mode option)

It was MANY months ago when I built this system, and I can't even remember doing most of it (LOL).

So....the question then is, how do I proceed?

I need to somehow get booted up so that I can install some other driver, I assuming. Just need to know how to fix this.

Attachments

• Panic.jpg
    Panic.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 266
Okay...figured out how to boot into safe mode (-x) :lol:
So then, reran Multibeast. Installed both the audio related kexts...and then rebooted.

Same Panic.

Rebooted into safe mode.
Opened a console and went to /Extra/Extensions to see what was there for Voodoo*
Nothing.
I was expecting to see voodooHDA.kext. :confused:

So...opened a root console and deleted the VoodooHDA/ from /System/Library/Extensions
and then ran MultiBeast and installed the two audio kexts again. Rebooted.

Success!
:headbang:

So anyway...still seems like there was some sort of problem somewhere with this upgrade. Like I said earlier, I followed the upgrade instruction...exactly. And even then, to fix this, it required me to root in and delete the directory and only THEN was MultiBeast able to do its 'thing'.

Today bought new components, thanks to Tony for idea:

MB LGA1156 iH55 Gigabyte GA-H55N-USB3,
Intel® Core™ i3-540 Processor(4M Cache, 3.06 GHz),
2x2G b DDR3 Patriot,
8800GT Gigabyte,
Thermaltake LanBox case.

:headbang:

I've been able to successfully install the retail 10.6.3 DVD onto the following machine:

GA-H55N-USB3 (F5)
4GB of generic ram
160GB Seagate
LG DVD-RW attached to onboard SATA port
Core i3-530

using DVI port of onboard video. I have a 8800GT 512 sitting around if having a discrete video card makes a difference, let me know if I should be using it.

The parts I'm wondering about are the following:

1. After 10.6.3 install is complete, I can't open my DVD drive until after it tries to reboot and hangs because iBoot is not in the drive, the 10.6.3 install disk is. I assume it's fine to just hard power off the machine, power it on, and replace the iBoot CD while it's is POSTing.

2. Once I boot again off iBoot, and get to the desktop, I copied the DSDT file for my motherboard to the desktop. Do I need to rename it DSDT.aml or just leave it as it is?

3. I start up MultiBeast and the Realtek Driver installer. Then I run the Combo 10.6.8 updater. When the updater is done, I don't reboot, but return to Multibeast. MultiBeast allows me to get as far as accepting the user agreement but as soon as I mouse over "User DSDT" to select it, all three installers unexpectedly quit. Can I at that point just re-launch multibeast and the realtek installer (the updater installer is now just closed).

4. I'm selecting all the settings from the lifehacker article (which I think is missing some stuff, I don't know).

UserDSDT (with the downloaded DSDT on desktop, renamed to DSDT.aml)
System Utilities
the two Audio ones
the Jmicron SATA one
the USB 3 one
FakeSMC Plugins (should I be using FakeSMC instead?)

5. If, when I finally input my info during OS setup, I then run multibeast after the updater (and having to relaunch it because installers have crashed), MultiBeast fails. If I reboot first after setup, then do the updater, then multibeast, it completes successfully, but on reboot, I get stuck at the grey Apple start up screen.

If you have any thoughts on how to move forward with this, I'd appreciate it. If more detail is needed, I'll provide- I'm fairly new to hackintoshing so please bear with my n00b-ness. thanks.

@bliq00 - I have the exact same problem as you, Multibeast crashes and so do the other installers. And once I am able to install the DSDT file with Multibeast, I can no longer boot. I would also love some help with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back