Contribute
Register

tjodolv's Hack Pro mATX: Core i5 3570 / GA-Z77MX-D3H TH / 16GB RAM / GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx u a lot for your Help...
I think i will reinstall my Mac Pro with your information :)

Hello,

How did you get the installation to work properly? I have a GA-Z77mX-D3H TH and I can't get the USB drive to work. I'm booting on the USB, then I've got a message saying I can press a key if I want to add options and after 5 seconds, the computer restart. At first I've got a grey screen but couldn't pass through it and now it's just reboots and reboot.

Tried with the GTX 660 Ti in and plugged the DVI on it during the install did not work, same issue, tried forcing the integrated graphics, same reboot, tried after removing the graphic card and still, just reboots. Also tried GraphicsEnabler=0, so far no luck.

Edit : ok, whatever, I went to the BIOS and I just used "Load Optimized Defaults" and I was able to load the installer. It's installing right now. I'm amazed because we have nearly the same setup. Same case (except I've got the ATX version, did not know there was an mATX). Nearly same graphic card and same processor.

Edit 2 : During the installation, the screen vanished to a plain grey with only the mouse. I though it was a freeze but actually it was just sort of a screensaver, I just had to move the mouse and the screen went back to the installation

Edit 3 : Hanged on first reboot, add to boot with -x option. Installing Multibeast right now.

Edit 4 : Ok, running solid while writing this words. I'm restoring my Time Machine backup. Audio is working (front panel and back), at least for the audio out jack. I'm getting some noise in my speakers if I put the volume to high but at least I've got sound. Display working properly too on DVI on the Geforce GTX 660 Ti (GraphicsEnabler=No but I read it has to be this way because the card is supported by 10.8).

I have the same build as you.

Trying to upgrade 10.8 ---> 10.8.3 using the combo installer.

I'm getting lockups during boot. Have you had the same issue? I might try building an USB installer based on 10.8.3 and try that.

Just a bit annoying having to re-download 4.4GB.

I've installed directly with 10.8.3 and it's working properly. I've got iMessage working too.
I just have issues with sound over HDMI, waking up from sleep and front USB 3 not working right now.

I've installed directly with 10.8.3 and it's working properly. I've got iMessage working too.
I just have issues with sound over HDMI, waking up from sleep and front USB 3 not working right now.
View attachment Bits.zip

Attached are my dsdt.aml and modified AppleHDA. With this I have onboard audio working and HDMI audio on my GT640. No VoodooHDA! My front USB 3.0 ports seem fine, I haven't tried sleep since 10.8.3 update.
No guarantees it will work on your setup but its pretty close to mine.

OK, downloading your file now. I have no DSDT for now. I'll try with your and come back to report. Thank you.

OK, downloading your file now. I have no DSDT for now. I'll try with your and come back to report. Thank you.
Make sure you remove VoodooHDA and HDA disabler if you're using that. otherwise you'll get KP.

There is no DSDT in your zip, can you send yours again?
Also, do I need to edit it if I have a GTX 660 Ti?

Thanks.

Ok, tried with your kext and no DSDT (cause at first I haven't got one and I don't know how to build one and I heard Z77 doesn't need any). The system is booting up properly but I have no sound outputs listed at all.

Tried again with your DSDT but same result. Not sure I installed your DSDT properly. I've put the file in Extra, and added it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Chamelon Wizzard. Is it the right way?

Also, I don't have any HDA Disabler. I've got an HDAEnabler1.kext but no disabler.

This is the content of my Boot.plist:
PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>DSDT</key>
    <string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1920x1080x32</string>