Contribute
Register

tjodolv's Hack Pro mATX: Core i5 3570 / GA-Z77MX-D3H TH / 16GB RAM / GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neil,

Is your machine sleeping? I've got similar build. 10.8.3 fresh install using Unibeast 1.7.0, Multibeast 5.3.0.

Also, installed the Voodoo you mentioned has locked up my machine. I've reverted back to no audio for now :(

Ricky.

ricky - Well sleep is not even on my list of things to check on a desktop machine. However I just now did use the Apple pull-down menu Sleep selection and the machine does go into sleep with CPU and GPU fans off. And a press of a key on the keyboard initiated a wake up. So then I tried the power button press and the machine appeared to enter sleep with the appearance that everything was off. And the machine went through that wake up okay when I switched to another machine using my KVM switch. In both cases the system appears okay with the mouse functional and I am able to launch apps after waking from sleep.

And with the clean install directly to 10.8.3 and using MB 5.3.0 to setup VoodooHDA version 2.7.2 by selecting the "VoodooHDA VT3021 0.2.7.2" I am enjoying audio out the green port on the motherboard. I have not checked what else works or not works.

However the major point is the clean install got me around the issues that I was seeing with an combo update to 10.8.3.

And I have sense installed my GTX 650ti card (setting Graphics Enabler=No) and have three displays up and running (DVI 1920x1200x32, DVI 1600x1050x32, HDMI 1920x1200x32).

The sleep tests today are with the GTX 650ti card in place.

I have migrated my apps to the new install and music and video (quick time and VLC) work well.

All in all so far I am very happy with this motherboard although I have not checked out the Thunderbolt ports and have not cross tested all the options on USB2/USB3.

I am now running about 118 watts on the AC line. My plan is to add a pair of SSDs in a RAID 0 and a 3TB 3.5inch hard drive. I would really like to run Prim95 torture test drawing less then 150 watts on the AC line. Time will tell.

neil

Edit: And for the record this is with BIOS version F5.

ricky - Well sleep is not even on my list of things to check on a desktop machine. However I just now did use the Apple pull-down menu Sleep selection and the machine does go into sleep with CPU and GPU fans off. And a press of a key on the keyboard initiated a wake up. So then I tried the power button press and the machine appeared to enter sleep with the appearance that everything was off. And the machine went through that wake up okay when I switched to another machine using my KVM switch. In both cases the system appears okay with the mouse functional and I am able to launch apps after waking from sleep.

And with the clean install directly to 10.8.3 and using MB 5.3.0 to setup VoodooHDA version 2.7.2 by selecting the "VoodooHDA VT3021 0.2.7.2" I am enjoying audio out the green port on the motherboard. I have not checked what else works or not works.

However the major point is the clean install got me around the issues that I was seeing with an combo update to 10.8.3.

And I have sense installed my GTX 650ti card (setting Graphics Enabler=No) and have three displays up and running (DVI 1920x1200x32, DVI 1600x1050x32, HDMI 1920x1200x32).

The sleep tests today are with the GTX 650ti card in place.

I have migrated my apps to the new install and music and video (quick time and VLC) work well.

All in all so far I am very happy with this motherboard although I have not checked out the Thunderbolt ports and have not cross tested all the options on USB2/USB3.

I am now running about 118 watts on the AC line. My plan is to add a pair of SSDs in a RAID 0 and a 3TB 3.5inch hard drive. I would really like to run Prim95 torture test drawing less then 150 watts on the AC line. Time will tell.

neil

Edit: And for the record this is with BIOS version F5.

Thanks for your reply Neil.

As of today, I still can't get sleep to work. And to throw into the mix I just installed a Gigabyte GTX 650 TI Boost. I can only get the machine to run in safe mode. Looks like I have a few things to get sorted.

I think I'm going to try working on the visual side of things at the moment as I work with photos more than anything.

Any chance you can send me your smbios and boot plist files?

Thanks!

Ricky.

Hello guys i have the same Motherboard and i can't install Mt lion :banghead: did you touch something in the bios or have you left default settings ... thanks for your help :rolleyes: " if ever you have a tutorial it's will be perfect" and sorry for my bad english .. :oops: Thanks..

My Config : Bitfenix Prodigy GA-Z77MX-D3H TH Core i7 3770K Corsair 2x8 Gb
120 Gb SSD Kingston HyperX

Hello guys i have the same Motherboard and i can't install Mt lion :banghead: did you touch something in the bios or have you left default settings ... thanks for your help :rolleyes: " if ever you have a tutorial it's will be perfect" and sorry for my bad english .. :oops: Thanks..

My Config : Bitfenix Prodigy GA-Z77MX-D3H TH Core i7 3770K Corsair 2x8 Gb
120 Gb SSD Kingston HyperX

How far have you got? Have you made the bootable USB with unibeast and booted from it?

Once you made your USB Install drive, did you load motherboard defaults? Cause at first I didn't and that's why I could not install.

How far have you got? Have you made the bootable USB with unibeast and booted from it?

Hi Guys I've create and booted with the unibeast USB i've also change in BIOS the boot settings from UEFI to Legacy :p.Once the installation finished i got white screen with apple logo and the turning boot wheel :crazy: ... thanks for your help & comments

Hey all, I'm looking at building a Hackintosh using this motherboard. What all does everyone have working? Does thunderbolt work?

Hey all, I'm looking at building a Hackintosh using this motherboard. What all does everyone have working? Does thunderbolt work?
I don't have any Thunderbolt devices, so I can't comment on that but others basically have it working. For sound I am using a Creative Xmod USB sound card that I already owned. I have a VTX3D HD 7870 Tahiti graphics card, so I have to use the sleep trick to get that working, which is a pain, so increasingly I just leave the computer in sleep mode. I am happier with things under Mountain lion than under Ubuntu where the AMD driver isn't silky smooth in HD video. I should have gone with an nvidia card, perhaps, but the HD 7870 came with free games, so... I couldn't resist.

I'm not using any thunderbolt, but I've seen several reports that it works but isn't hot plug.
I've got a gt620 which works well. Audio working with a hacked hdaudio and dsdt mod. Also hdmi audio with a dsdt hack. I'm very pleased with it.

You and Jabbawok say you are using hacks/extra hardware to get audio working, does audio not function out of box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back