Contribute
Register

tjodolv's Hack Pro mATX: Core i5 3570 / GA-Z77MX-D3H TH / 16GB RAM / GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to bump this thread; I completed a triple-boot system (Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Win7) and loaded the Voodoo VT2021 driver and was able to get audio..

I would love to try getting HDMI audio to work.. is the scenario I outlined in my previous post the best method for that?

BTW my build does feature a GTX570..

So to get HDMI audio to work, do I simply go to System/Library/Extensions, delete the VoodooHDA.kext and replace it with the AppleHDA.kext & VIA2021.kext which were supplied by Jabbawok?

Also what is the recommended method of installing the dsdt? Is it by placing it in the 'Extra' folder and also modifying the org.chameleon.Boot.plist by adding "<key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>" & "<string>Yes</string>”?

My apologies if I am missing something obvious; my only experience using a dsdt has been from Multibeast in conjunction with Realtek-equipped mobos, but there is no ‘with dsdt’ option given when selecting from any of the audio drivers residing in the 'universal' folder...

As always, any advice would be greatly appreicated!

hello all,

any of you guys successful in updating to yosemite? i just updated mine last night. installation went on without a problem. i opened multibeast, i chose easy setup, dsdt free, clicked the correct drivers for the audio and network. i ran repair disk permissions after.

now, booting up has become erratic. sometimes it boots up properly but sometimes i just get a gray screen after the apple logo with the mouse stuck in the upper left corner. sound and network connections work properly during instances that it boots up properly.

here are my complete specs btw.

gigabyte z77mxd3h-th
intel i3770k
nvidia gtforce 650ti

thanks in advance.

For me it's working perfectly fine, but I've made a clean install and switch to Clover.

hello all,

any of you guys successful in updating to yosemite? i just updated mine last night. installation went on without a problem. i opened multibeast, i chose easy setup, dsdt free, clicked the correct drivers for the audio and network. i ran repair disk permissions after.

now, booting up has become erratic. sometimes it boots up properly but sometimes i just get a gray screen after the apple logo with the mouse stuck in the upper left corner. sound and network connections work properly during instances that it boots up properly.

here are my complete specs btw.

gigabyte z77mxd3h-th
intel i3770k
nvidia gtforce 650ti

thanks in advance.

After doing a clean install using unibeast, booting up is faster and my previous problems have been resolved so far. the problems now is, sleep, restart and shutting down is erratic. sometimes it does, most often, the screen just turns black but the fans and power supply are still on.

attached is my multibeast configuration. i would really appreciate your comments and help. thanks.

IMG_1416.jpg

I'm not getting sleep. Here's my settings:

<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>