Contribute
Register

tjodolv's Hack Pro mATX: Core i5 3570 / GA-Z77MX-D3H TH / 16GB RAM / GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

Ok, tried with your kext and no DSDT (cause at first I haven't got one and I don't know how to build one and I heard Z77 doesn't need any). The system is booting up properly but I have no sound outputs listed at all.

Tried again with your DSDT but same result. Not sure I installed your DSDT properly. I've put the file in Extra, and added it to org.chameleon.Boot.plist with Chamelon Wizzard. Is it the right way?

Also, I don't have any HDA Disabler. I've got an HDAEnabler1.kext but no disabler.

This is the content of my Boot.plist:
PHP:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>DSDT</key>
    <string>/Extra/dsdt.aml</string>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1920x1080x32</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Theme</key>
    <string>LoginToLion</string>
    <key>UseKernelCache</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thank you for your help.

I dont think you want that HDA enabler there.
This is my boot Plist.

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GenerateCStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>GeneratePStates</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1920x1200x32</string>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>darkwake=0</string>
    <key>Legacy Logo</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>Quiet Boot</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
    <key>EnableHDMIAudio</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Hmm, still no luck. No sound outputs or inputs shown. Reverting back to Voodoo for now cause I need music while working but I will continue to investigate.

Edit : Do I need them in S/L/E or in Extra?

Edit 2: Ok, working properly in S/L/E. Thanks a lot. Woooohooo HDMI sound working!

Edit 3: Looks like front audio is not working anymore though. That's a step back as I am used to plug my headset to front mic and line out while playing games. Also, back mic-in doesn't work too :'( Maybe I should extract DSDT from my hardware and start over?
Also, I'm able to use a USB 2 thumbdrive from the from USB 3 but a USB 2 hardrive will not mount. I hear the drive spinning and the drive's led is on but it does show on the mac or in Disk Utility. (The cable was faulty).

Jabbawok - Sorry to butt in to this stream, however I am bringing up a Z77MX-D3H TH with an i7-3770K and saw your attachment with a dsdt and audio kexts. What is your BIOS version?

My initial problems are audio and Ethernet.

neil

Jabbawok - Sorry to butt in to this stream, however I am bringing up a Z77MX-D3H TH with an i7-3770K and saw your attachment with a dsdt and audio kexts. What is your BIOS version?

My initial problems are audio and Ethernet.

neil

Hi Neil

My onboard sound and ethernet worked straight outta bat... But haven't tested HDMI audio.
which audio are you having probs with?
Btw I have F4 bios

Hi Neil

My onboard sound and ethernet worked straight outta bat... But haven't tested HDMI audio.
which audio are you having probs with?
Btw I have F4 bios

Humm, what version of OS X did you start with? I am still at 10.8.2 and using the combo update to get to 10.8.3.

When you say worked... do you mean with out using Multibeast to set audio and Ethernet kexts?

I have just updated the BIOS to F5 today. I was at F3.

neil

For me too, Ethernet worked without any kext, just the basic ones. Onboard audio worked properly with the last Voodoo driver. But I wanted to use HDMI audio so I installed files from Jabbawok. Now HDMI Audio is working but onboard audio isn't (except standard audio out, but no mic in or any of the other backpanel jacks) which is a bit lame, especially for Teamspeak.

Humm, what version of OS X did you start with? I am still at 10.8.2 and using the combo update to get to 10.8.3.

When you say worked... do you mean with out using Multibeast to set audio and Ethernet kexts?

I have just updated the BIOS to F5 today. I was at F3.

neil

Mine was a fresh install of 10.8.3

Ethernet from latest multibeast. However, i didn't try WITHOUT multibeast.

F4 came with my board. I didn't upgrade as I it didn't look like F5 had any improvments.

Mine was a fresh install of 10.8.3

Ethernet from latest multibeast. However, i didn't try WITHOUT multibeast.

F4 came with my board. I didn't upgrade as I it didn't look like F5 had any improvments.

mightydood - your build is very similar to mine and this board set is going into my ShortStack G5 hack project.
If you have time and the inclination, would you post a system report off your system (About This Mac ->More Info.. ->System Report then to File menu and Save). Attach the resulting .spx file. This will let me see which kexts and versions that you are running.

In the mean time I am going to update my installer to 10.8.3 and try a fresh install.

thanks
neil

EDIT: 04-20-13 An update. I installed fresh just now using the current Unibeast 1.7.0 to build the 10.8.3 installer USB. Then had to boot with -v -x to get the installer to run. Installed, rebooted using the USB installer into the new install, ran Multibeast 5.3.0 User-non-Dsdt and rebooted from the new installation. Ran MB again and installed the Atheros Ethernet kext. Then ran it again and installed the VooDooVIA Audio kext. WOW... Working install just like that... TONYMACX86 TOOLS ARE GREAT!

Thank you all,
neil

mightydood - your build is very similar to mine and this board set is going into my ShortStack G5 hack project.
If you have time and the inclination, would you post a system report off your system (About This Mac ->More Info.. ->System Report then to File menu and Save). Attach the resulting .spx file. This will let me see which kexts and versions that you are running.

In the mean time I am going to update my installer to 10.8.3 and try a fresh install.

thanks
neil

EDIT: 04-20-13 An update. I installed fresh just now using the current Unibeast 1.7.0 to build the 10.8.3 installer USB. Then had to boot with -v -x to get the installer to run. Installed, rebooted using the USB installer into the new install, ran Multibeast 5.3.0 User-non-Dsdt and rebooted from the new installation. Ran MB again and installed the Atheros Ethernet kext. Then ran it again and installed the VooDooVIA Audio kext. WOW... Working install just like that... TONYMACX86 TOOLS ARE GREAT!

Thank you all,
neil

Neil,

Is your machine sleeping? I've got similar build. 10.8.3 fresh install using Unibeast 1.7.0, Multibeast 5.3.0.

Also, installed the Voodoo you mentioned has locked up my machine. I've reverted back to no audio for now :(

Ricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back