Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2 - 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who can't hide it using App Store's "Hide Update", you can simply open the terminal and write:

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

That should do it.

Beauty,thanks , it was getting on my nerves
Dan

This update make sense If I have the PCIe Asus ThunderboltEX II single port card ?

This update make sense If I have the PCIe Asus ThunderboltEX II single port card ?

No,

This updates the Thunderbolt firmware on real Macs and is not for your Asus ThunderboltEX II single port card.

''For those who can't hide it using App Store's "Hide Update", you can simply open the terminal and write:

That should do it.'':thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you.

Could anybody help me please? I didnt read, that this update for system with Thunderbolt support only. I have installed Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2 from appstore and now cant launch my mac. Safety mode, with -x boot flags doesnt help too. What I need to do for restoring my system?

Sorry guys, I solved it. It was because of changing system definition on MacPro 5,1 and not because of Thunderbolt update.

''For those who can't hide it using App Store's "Hide Update", you can simply open the terminal and write:

That should do it.'':thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you.

THANK YOU!! I couldn't get mine to go away!

Thank you.

This may be obvious to some (but it wasn't to me at first) ... If the user account you're using is not an administrator the command will not work. The primary user account I use is not an administrator and I must have tried the command at least a half dozen times without success before I switched to the admin account. Then it worked like a charm.

For those who can't hide it using App Store's "Hide Update", you can simply open the terminal and write:

That should do it.

Thank you! :)

FYI, I just tried this on a hackintosh after the El Capitan upgrade and it would not work.

I did "hide" the update with a right click, then went back to the CLI and perform the cmd once more for sanity.... this is the output:

[noparse]
image.tiff
[/noparse] <--- Bad Image Link

....So it appears the name has changed on El Capitan to "ThunderboltFirmware1.2"

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back