Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt Firmware Update 1.2 - 10.8.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am finding that "hide update" does absolutely nothing. The update remains in the list no matter how many times I right click and select hide update.

I am finding that "hide update" does absolutely nothing. The update remains in the list no matter how many times I right click and select hide update.

the same problem in Yosemite.

I didn't have this problem before but it has now appeared in a clean install of Yosemite. Where do you right click? I've tried all over the app store window.

I didn't have this problem before but it has now appeared in a clean install of Yosemite. Where do you right click? I've tried all over the app store window.

Sometimes you need to let it install first (it won't do any harm).

Restart

When you log back in the update will appear again - then you right click it - In the middle somewhere - Not over any of the information or selection boxes.

Then you hide it.

Sometimes you need to let it install first (it won't do any harm).

Restart

When you log back in the update will appear again - then you right click it - In the middle somewhere - Not over any of the information or selection boxes.

Then you hide it.
Thank you P1lgrim, I have now found the hide update option. Unfortunately it didn't work.

I have let it update 3 times now but it still wants to update!

For those who can't hide it using App Store's "Hide Update", you can simply open the terminal and write:

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

That should do it.

Yes! ... just right-click and select "hide update".
(P.S. do not a right-click on the "update" button)

This doesn't seem to work (at least not for me).

For those who can't hide it using App Store's "Hide Update", you can simply open the terminal and write:

softwareupdate --ignore ThunderboltFirmwareUpdate1.2

That should do it.

The hero of this thread.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back