Contribute
Register

this version of Mac ox X 10.7 is not compatible with my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a valid key, in the Lion-Installer the key is listed in the "InstallableMachines.plist"... so there must be another reason...

This is the one I had to change to on my Dell:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>01/30/09</string>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP51.88Z.007E.B05.0905051508</string>
<key>SMboardmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42D86C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro5,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>MYSERIAL</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
</dict>
</plist>

I do have a valid serial number that I made up based on the model I was emulating and also the date that model was made etc.

I didn't have a valid SMboardproduct in there previously, but had all the other ones.

My old only had SMboardid. So In reality I'd make sure that all of the above are valid, including the SMfamily, which should theoretically be MacPro and put a correct SMbiosversion in there too.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, Everyone!

I also had this problem, but it's downloading from the MAS now.

Here's what I did in Multibeast 3.8.0:

1. Checked all "System Utilities" (i.e., rebuild caches and repair permissions)
2. Check the "Chimera v1.4.1 r877" box under "Drivers & Bootloaders"
3. Checked the "MacPro 3,1" box under "System Definitions" under "Customization"
4. Clicked "Continue" to install it.

Here's what I **didn't** do:

- Manually edit "com.apple.Boot.plist"
- Manually edit "smbios.plist"

I performed all this under Mac OS X 10.6.7.

I know this may work for some and maybe not for others, but I just wanted to let everyone know what worked for me. I have a GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R motherboard if that at all helps.

~ eigen

eigen said:
Hi, Everyone!

I also had this problem, but it's downloading from the MAS now.

Here's what I did in Multibeast 3.8.0:

1. Checked all "System Utilities" (i.e., rebuild caches and repair permissions)
2. Check the "Chimera v1.4.1 r877" box under "Drivers & Bootloaders"
3. Checked the "MacPro 3,1" box under "System Definitions" under "Customization"
4. Clicked "Continue" to install it.

Here's what I **didn't** do:

- Manually edit "com.apple.Boot.plist"
- Manually edit "smbios.plist"

I performed all this under Mac OS X 10.6.7.

I know this may work for some and maybe not for others, but I just wanted to let everyone know what worked for me. I have a GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R motherboard if that at all helps.

~ eigen

Thats what I did, and I still can't download Lion. I am running 10.6.8.

installing the new multibeast fixed it.. I am able to download. but so far I get an install failed half way through the install of lion..

Trying again

Jackb01 said:
None of the above mentioned fixes worked for me, but the following did:

I added the following to my com.apple.Boot.plist:

<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>

Then I removed the NetworkInterfaces.plist and rebooted.
Now the App Store is working again.

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

This worked for me!

I have now tried everything in is this post, starting with fresh install of chimera and system profile MacPro3,1, editing the com.apple.boot.plist and modifying anything else that the MAS might look at. I still can't fix it, if you have any more suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.

I have updated to 10.6.8

Im on 10.6.8 and I've tried all of the suggestions above and I still get the same error message that won't allow me to download. Hope theres a fix for this.

I had the same "not compatible" message when trying to buy Lion. As suggested, tried to boot in 64 bits mode, but had a kernel oops related to the HDA enabler (my onboard is 889a).

So I removed all the HDA enablers kexts and rebooted. The message was gone and I could buy Lion.

Now, I believe I had some not 64bits compatible HDA enabler kext, because after reinstalling it from Multibeast I had working sound again and buying Lion from App Store worked again.

As usual, ymmv, but I thought I'd share my experience in case it's of any help to someone in my situation.

Thanks to all in the forum, and good luck with Lion !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back