Contribute
Register

this version of Mac ox X 10.7 is not compatible with my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is driving me insane and is obviously affecting a fair few out there because more people have looked at this post than have looked at the guide to install. Tony if you have a fix for this......a fair few would be grateful including an australian up at 5.15am trying to get this to install.

Thanks

badeball said:
antidigerati said:
gregcotten said:
Hey guys, I did a couple of things and got it to work - not sure what fixed it.

First off, I didn't have the newest Chimera bootloader installed. Did that.

Secondly, I repaired the disk permissions on my HD.

Restarted, and now it lets me download it!

This solved it for me as well. :D

Success! Worked for me as well.

Used the latest multibeast version to update to the Chimera bootloader, reinstalled smbios.list (3.1) and repaired premissions (multibeast - system utilities). voilà

This WORKED!

Thanks gang!

Worked for me as well, downloading now :)

Make sure to install the latest Chimera bootloader. I was afraid to install at first thinking it may mess up Snow Leopard, but after trying everything else, installed Chimera. After a reboot I was able to download Lion without any issues.

Installed great...even after power outage with 8 minutes left to install!!! I thought my system was toast. I booted into installer partition again, let Lion do it's thing and everything is up and running. I have a feeling if that happened in Windows, it wouldn't have turned out so well!

it worked ...

the key is to update chimera!

gregcotten said:

worked for me also ! thanks !

The Chimera update didn't help... in the terminal i got this message:

Last login: Thu Jun 30 18:57:17 on console
/Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion ; exit;
Chris-Brunners-Mac:~ Chris$ /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Mac\ OS\ X\ Lion ; exit;
2011-07-21 01:46:56.470 Install Mac OS X Lion[271:903] Error loading /Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/PlugIns/IACoreStorage.IABundle/Contents/MacOS/IACoreStorage: dlopen(/Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/PlugIns/IACoreStorage.IABundle/Contents/MacOS/IACoreStorage, 265): Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libcsfde.dylib
Referenced from: /Volumes/Mac OS X Install ESD/Install Mac OS X Lion.app/Contents/PlugIns/IACoreStorage.IABundle/Contents/MacOS/IACoreStorage
Reason: image not found
2011-07-21 01:46:56.777 Install Mac OS X Lion[271:903] Warning: NSTableView/NSOutlineView variable row height code has detected re-entry. Avoiding a crash....

You need to make sure that your smbios.plist has a valid SMBoardproduct key in there. The installer will check this to determine if Lion is able to be installed. I had this issue with my Dell Laptop until I put that key in with the correct SMboardproduct key pair for the MacBookPro I was emulating.

And for those semantics about GM versus retail, the GM is retail so all updates will work as per normal, that is how developers do it.

But I re-iterate everyones comments, spend the $30 and get the update from the app store it is that easy, just like buying the SL install DVD we all did!

Cheers

bwhinnen said:
You need to make sure that your smbios.plist has a valid SMBoardproduct key in there. The installer will check this to determine if Lion is able to be installed. I had this issue with my Dell Laptop until I put that key in with the correct SMboardproduct key pair for the MacBookPro I was emulating.

And for those semantics about GM versus retail, the GM is retail so all updates will work as per normal, that is how developers do it.

But I re-iterate everyones comments, spend the $30 and get the update from the app store it is that easy, just like buying the SL install DVD we all did!

Cheers

What does a valid SMBoardproduct key look like?

I installed the latest version of Chimera (v. 1.4.1 r877) and I selected Mac Pro 3,1 and checked the Systems Utilities, and I still can't download Lion from the MAS.

My smbios.plist looks like:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G88451235J4</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>