Contribute
Register

this version of Mac ox X 10.7 is not compatible with my comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same problem here. TonyMac? MacMan?

ArKay said:
If there's no 32bit mode anymore I will have to use onboard sound which pretty much sucks.

Not true. I run Lion on an old laptop with C2D and GMA950 (which has 32bit driver only) and it runs just fine. Only apps are 64bit, the kernel is 32 & 64bit.

Hey guys, I did a couple of things and got it to work - not sure what fixed it.

First off, I didn't have the newest Chimera bootloader installed. Did that.

Secondly, I repaired the disk permissions on my HD.

Restarted, and now it lets me download it!

gregcotten said:

This solved it for me as well. :D

antidigerati said:
gregcotten said:

What chimera version ? and one more thing do i need a 10.6.8 in 64 bit to download lion or 32 bit ?

What tool did u used to reapir disk permission multibeast - system utilities or kext utility or something else ?

thx

antidigerati said:
gregcotten said:

Success! Worked for me as well.

Used the latest multibeast version to update to the Chimera bootloader, reinstalled smbios.list (3.1) and repaired premissions (multibeast - system utilities). voilà

crazyjuice said:
What chimera version ? and one more thing do i need a 10.6.8 in 64 bit to download lion or 32 bit ?

What tool did u used to reapir disk permission multibeast - system utilities or kext utility or something else ?

thx

I think he means through Disk Utility...Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 11.04.00 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 11.04.00 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-07-20 at 11.04.00 AM.png
    97.1 KB · Views: 171
I think it should be noted that Permissions on all folders have changed so repairing with disk Utility is your best bet incase your're using any kind of script that was developed pre-Lion or making any Installer packages.....
SL
System..........R&W
Admin............R&W
Everyone........Read only
Lion
System..........R&W
Wheel............Read only
Everyone........Read only

I repaired disk permissions but for me it didn't work, but changing <string>arch=i386</string> in boot.apple.com.plist to <string>arch=x86_64</string> allowed me to download the app OK. I installed it to my test Hackintosh and it worked a treat with xMove.

knizmi said:
ArKay said:
If there's no 32bit mode anymore I will have to use onboard sound which pretty much sucks.

Not true. I run Lion on an old laptop with C2D and GMA950 (which has 32bit driver only) and it runs just fine. Only apps are 64bit, the kernel is 32 & 64bit.

Cool, thanks for the info! That's how I am running SL. That silly driver is the only thing stopping me from booting in 64bit (which works nicely otherwise). Hoping for the manufacturer to release a driver update soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back