Motherboard
Asus p7p55 lx
CPU
i5 650
Graphics
HD 5700
Hello everyone
I am new here.
I have installed High Sierra. Works well.
But my question is different.
I have created a partition on the same disk. I wanted to install Mojave there. And the problems started. The installation was progressing normally. There is a language selection and the progress bar comes to an end. After the first reboot when I re-enter the clover menu (I've tried them all multiple times: Cloverbootloader, UniBeast 9.3.0, Open Core, OpenCore Legacy Patcher) it's the same problem all the time. There is no "Boot from OS x base" icon to continue. I can only restart the installation. I do not know what's going on. I get the feeling it has been so since I created the partition. Even my High Sierra won't do it, although I have it on my pen drive and my own USB from Clover.
Has anyone had a similar problem? Maybe someone could help me?
My hardware is in an older BIOS and doesn't have a uefi interface.
I greet everyone!

Motherboard: Asus p7p55 LX
Intel Core i5 650
DDR3 8 GB
Radeon HD 5750

Hello everyone
I am new here.
I have installed High Sierra. Works well.
But my question is different.
I have created a partition on the same disk. I wanted to install Mojave there. And the problems started. The installation was progressing normally. There is a language selection and the progress bar comes to an end. After the first reboot when I re-enter the clover menu (I've tried them all multiple times: Cloverbootloader, UniBeast 9.3.0, Open Core, OpenCore Legacy Patcher) it's the same problem all the time. There is no "Boot from OS x base" icon to continue. I can only restart the installation. I do not know what's going on. I get the feeling it has been so since I created the partition. Even my High Sierra won't do it, although I have it on my pen drive and my own USB from Clover.
Has anyone had a similar problem? Maybe someone could help me?
My hardware is in an older BIOS and doesn't have a uefi interface.
I greet everyone!

Motherboard: Asus p7p55 LX
Intel Core i5 650
DDR3 8 GB
Radeon HD 5750

Hi there.

If I understand correctly you had High Sierra installed and working with a Clover Legacy bootloader. Then you repartitioned the main drive so you could also install Mojave? On the same drive?

Running a "dual-boot" in this way, from the same Legacy boot-loader seems a candidate for failure, because Legacy does not use the hidden EFI partition of a drive but stores its files in the root of the main drive.

However we have a guide for multi-booting a Legacy install on separate drives here:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-multi-booting-legacy-on-separate-drives.212994/post-1421071

Another member wrote a guide for UEFI installs on the same drive, but this uses OpenCore and is clearly not how you wish to proceed.

:)

Hi
Thank you very much for your answer.
I am using Clover bootloader. I wanted to try Open Core. Only the Clover bootloader showed me the menu at all. Other bootloaders showed a black screen.
I will try to format the disks according to the guide.
Again thank you very much.

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back