Contribute
Register

THE Solution:Dell DW1820A (Broadcom BCM94350ZAE) macOS 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello again!
Is this on Xcode app?
Thanks for your time. Appreciate it!

You can use Xcode or Nano from Terminal to edit config.

Should I open config.plist using PlistEditPro and then add properties?

Should I open config.plist using PlistEditPro and then add properties?
Screen Shot 2020-05-02 at 9.17.28 AM.png

Used Clover Configurator and IT WORKED!!!! I appreciate it humongously! Thanks 1000 times:clap::headbang::)

Hi! Can you please show me a pic of the properties for audio, so I can add them?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to post my findings upon fiddling with this card in both my desktop (Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming) and my laptop (Dell Inspiron 5370).

On both systems I can get this card to work wonderfully well and even enable Airdrop etc.

HOWEVER

Both devices (and actually my former Z370 Fatal1ty mobo as well) have an issue with dual booting: you cannot just restart between Windows 10 and macOS or Linux or the wifi card would just "disappear". The annoying solution is to shut off the system, cycle the power off and turn it back on...

I remembered from way back with my Acer Aspire s3 that it had a similar issue and the solution then was that you could mask a pin to prevent the system from shutting it off: the so-called hardware switch bypass.

On my travels through pages and pages of subforums and ****** posts about this card, I finally stumbled upon this picture, and I knew I had to try it out. Fortunately it's fairly simple to make this work as it's the same pins on both sides, so the tape is held in by the m.2 slot. I started off by masking the front 3, as other users had mentioned that you don't need all 5: result was the same: restart pc and wifi gone. Took out the card one more time as I had nothing to lose, masked the 5 pins as shown in the picture and I was able to do a couple of reboots between Windows and macOS before typing his here ;-).

Some more info about this topic can be found here:

Attachments

• 5cf5b094154fc19985.jpg
    5cf5b094154fc19985.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 201
Is everyone experiencing trouble connecting to 36 channel of 5Ghz network? Could not figure out why my card not see my 5G router with 36 channel untill I came across this thread. Same problem in Windows 10. Faulty card? Batch?

Is everyone experiencing trouble connecting to 36 channel of 5Ghz network? Could not figure out why my card not see my 5G router with 36 channel untill I came across this thread. Same problem in Windows 10. Faulty card? Batch?
Try putting
Code:
brcmfx-country=#a
in your boot argument. or you've done it already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back