Contribute
Register

THE Solution:Dell DW1820A (Broadcom BCM94350ZAE) macOS 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have managed to fix 5Ghz issue with my card, so the problem was that card didn't my 5ghz network because it was on 36 channel, changed to 44 channel and wow it worked!
Holy **** balls I can't believe that is the reason I've never been able to see my 5g wireless network. Worked for me. Been faffing for hours with different kexts etc. Thanks man.
Bluetooth is still very unstable though. Sometimes bluetooth audio is ok to lots of drop outs and disconnects
Edit : Since switching to 5ghz wifi the bluetooth audio became solid so I'm thinking the 2.4ghz co-existance wasn't really working. Can't be arsed anymore though. This will do.

Last edited:
Is everyone experiencing trouble connecting to 36 channel of 5Ghz network? Could not figure out why my card not see my 5G router with 36 channel untill I came across this thread. Same problem in Windows 10. Faulty card? Batch?

Hi I've experienced some trouble with channel 36 as well, I have DD-WRT router (Netgear R7000) and it turns out that if I set my router to Wireless Network Mode to "Mixed" instead of "AC/N Mixed" it fixed the problem. So it could be some router compatibility problem we're having.

Is everyone experiencing trouble connecting to 36 channel of 5Ghz network? Could not figure out why my card not see my 5G router with 36 channel untill I came across this thread. Same problem in Windows 10. Faulty card? Batch?
Yes I had the same problem with my DW1820A card. I changed my wireless access points this week and wondered why I could no longer see the 5GHz network - found this thread and just changed the channel from 36 to 44 and now working fine again. My old wireless access points were using higher channels which is why it worked before.

Do you have the source code for this? this is the only one that works because even with the latest BrcmPatchRAM3 2.5.1 from acidanthera the firmware is loaded but Bluetooth is not working... only if the firmware is loaded through Windows. I have BCM2045A0 bluetooth 0A5C:6414, WIFI adapter Foxconn T77H649.00 (Lenovo FRU (i.e. part #) 00JT494).

I checked the Logs and the one that you shared is loading the firmware differently than the new BrcmPatchRAM3.

I would like the source code so I can load a different bluetooth driver so it matches the one that the Windows is loading.

Hey buddy. Did you get the Bluetooth working at your Windows or macOS?
I have the same card, but I can't get Bluetooth working in any system...

Thanks

Code:
        <key>Broadcom 802.11 PCI</key>
        <dict>
            <key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
            <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.BrcmNIC</string>
            <key>IOClass</key>
            <string>AirPort_BrcmNIC</string>
            <key>IOMatchCategory</key>
            <string>IODefaultMatchCategory</string>
            <key>IONameMatch</key>
            <array>
                <string>pci14e4,43ba</string>
                <string>pci14e4,43a3</string>
                <string>pci14e4,43a0</string>
            </array>
            <key>IOProbeScore</key>
            <integer>1241</integer>
            <key>IOProviderClass</key>
            <string>IOPCIDevice</string>
            <key>TruePowerOff</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
didn't work for me...only BT is "working" wifi is dead.
what should I do?

Hey buddy. Did you get the Bluetooth working at your Windows or macOS?
I have the same card, but I can't get Bluetooth working in any system...

Thanks
Strange, I have the same problem, was wondering if my card is faulty. Bluetooth won't show any device on both windows and macOS.

Strange, I have the same problem, was wondering if my card is faulty. Bluetooth won't show any device on both windows and macOS.
The version that I have here is this:
CN-0VW3T3 Dell Wireless 1820A 802.11ac BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2 1028:0021 [0a5c:6412]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back