Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi TRS96
Looks like you probably got a lucky card that turned out to be 1GB instead of as listed 512 MB. See the screenshot, it shows 512 MB. Will the hackintosh install still work?

Thanks

Yes, it's better to have the 1GB version. That's what I got. The 512 MB will still work for a single monitor but not so well with 2 1080p monitors.

Yes, it's better to have the 1GB version. That's what I got. The 512 MB will still work for a single monitor but not so well with 2 1080p monitors.
Hey there, I started trying to install anyway....... and i get the first screen where I choose to install Yosemite, and then when I click it, I get the usual mac white screen with a progress bar and then the screen goes black. So I'm not even sure if it's installing or not. Do you think this is because of the graphics card or something else?

Using Clover or Chimera bootloader ?

Using Clover or Chimera bootloader ?
Followed exactly by making USB using UniBeast 5.2....... probably the older one? It looks like it starts installing, but the screen goes black. So I can't tell if it just shut off, or it's still installing. The USB drive I have has a light, and it keeps blinking. So, I'm assuming it's still being read. But, other than that, it's hard to tell. I've left it on like that for about 30 minutes already. So not sure if it worked or failed.

While making the drive using UniBeast, I did choose legacy instead of laptop. Do you think I shouldn't have picked anything?

You don't need legacy USB support. It shouldn't interfere with the boot up though. The guide says to use Unibeast 5.2 for Chimera and Legacy booting. It is also possible to use Unibeast 6.2 and boot legacy with Clover.

Why don't you boot verbose -v and see where it stops in the booting process ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 16.jpg
    Screen Shot 16.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 75
Are you using the HDMI or DVI output from the graphics card ?

Did you read step #3 ?

3. The install proceeded normally and the PC restarted. In some instances, especially if you are using a graphics card for the install, your screen will go black. This is OK, things are still getting installed, just let it finish the process and reboot from the UniBeast drive.

I did this install so long ago that I really don't remember the fine details. Make sure you read and follow the guide carefully.

Are you using the HDMI or DVI output from the graphics card ?

Hey there, first of thank you so much for bearing with me.

So I tried verbose..... and boy, it was too fast for me to really capture...... is there a way to print out all that? Maybe I'll take a video with my phone and then slow down the playback to be able to read the log.

But what I can tell, first it goes through like all the files on the USB? At least that's what it looked like. I could tell that process finished. Then more logs kept coming, and I barely got what it said, but I caught the word kext...... and then more kext, pauses, then the screen goes black?

You might be familiar with where that is in the boot process..... But I'll try the video idea and see if I can report back.......

Hey TRS98...... missed your posts for some reason (probably refreshing the browser). Anyway......

I'm using HDMI

I hope I'm following it as closely as I know how and hope i'm not misinterpreting anything wrong.

I have let the thing go on for about 30 mins that was when I first posted here about the install. Does it take that long? Or even longer?

I did take a video of my boot up process and I have all of the logs right up till when the screen goes black. I wonder if I can upload it on here so you can read the logs. Only if you want to.

I will try again and let it go for more than 30 minutes, maybe if I don't see anything in 2 hours, then I'll post back on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back