Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try the GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flag at the Chimera Bootloader screen that may get you to the installer. IIRC I used that to install Mavericks on the Elite 8000 over 3 years ago. Yosemite probably needs it too. It really shouldn't take over 30 minutes to reach the installer. Make sure to capitalize the G E and Y letters, no spaces.

You could try the GraphicsEnabler=Yes boot flag at the Chimera Bootloader screen that may get you to the installer. IIRC I used that to install Mavericks on the Elite 8000 over 3 years ago. Yosemite probably needs it too. It really shouldn't take over 30 minutes to reach the installer. Make sure to capitalize the G E and Y letters, no spaces.

DUDE!!! That was it. I am now installing it and I never got this far. So, like 9 more minutes. Again, thank you for your time.

Maybe just 1 last question for you..... is not being able to have dual monitors the only downfall using the 512 MB GPU? I guess maybe the question is, what does GPU memory size affect? Will I still be able to make it my media center? Like my mac mini now is just connected to my Samsung TV, and I use it to just do simple stuff like Email, Browsing and watching movies either streaming from netflix or saved mp4's. Will they be more choppy or something like that??

Thanks man!!

what does GPU memory size affect? Will I still be able to make it my media center? Like my mac mini now is just connected to my Samsung TV, and I use it to just do simple stuff like Email, Browsing and watching movies either streaming from netflix or saved mp4's. Will they be more choppy or something like that??

With one 1080p monitor attached you can do all those things easily. With two attached most of that video ram would be used up. They would both still work but not as smoothly as a single one. So if you connect to one monitor no worries.

With one 1080p monitor attached you can do all those things easily. With two attached most of that video ram would be used up. They would both still work but not as smoothly as a single one. So if you connect to one monitor no worries.
Hey man, I can't believe I actually have a mac on a PC right now!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

Just a couple of things I need to figure out. Like I had to run MultiBeast to install GraphicsEnabler=Yes for it to boot properly.

After the reboot and removing those 2 kext files, I don't have internet anymore. I'll just be trying to install one driver after another and figure it out, unless you know what else I need to do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey man, I can't believe I actually have a mac on a PC right now!!! Thanks for the tutorial.

Just a couple of things I need to figure out. Like I had to run MultiBeast to install GraphicsEnabler=Yes for it to boot properly.

After the reboot and removing those 2 kext files, I don't have internet anymore. I'll just be trying to install one driver after another and figure it out, unless you know what else I need to do?

Hey man, no worries, I got internet working, I just had to go to my router and set a static IP Address to this machine.

Only kind of weirdness I have is right after booting up, I get a "You have connected an unrecognizable disk" which I assume is the original drive (I followed your tutorial and got a SSD for the Hackintosh). So I just click ignore.

And ALWAYS, I get 2 popups, one after another asking for my iCloud account password. Not sure what's causing it, but hey, Other than that I got a working MAC on an PC!!! Minor annoyance for saving me a ton load of money instead of buying another mac mini since mine is about to kaput.

If I can get iMessage to work then I'll be in heaven and forever grateful to you dear sir!!!

Any advice if I can't update BIOS? Successfully done everything for the build except that...Becoming a nuisance now

Any advice if I can't update BIOS? Successfully done everything for the build except that...Becoming a nuisance now
What BIOS version are you on now ?

HPQ FLASH is saying BIOS is not compatible with this system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back