Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
proximitywake 1
powernap 0
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
standbydelayhigh 86400
sleep 15 (sleep prevented by powerd, sharingd)
hibernatemode 3
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 15
highstandbythreshold 50
standbydelaylow 86400
you could run these commands in terminal:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
taken from here:

you could run these commands in terminal:
Code:
sudo pmset -a hibernatemode 0
sudo rm /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo mkdir /var/vm/sleepimage
sudo pmset -a standby 0
sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
taken from here:
I tried these and my computer still awakes. Should I reverse these commands you provided? If so how?

I tried these and my computer still awakes. Should I reverse these commands you provided? If so how?
no, should be set as is

make sure your USB ports are setup correctly as that can have an affect on wake

This configuration rules the world! Thank you :)

I've only 2 minor issue:
  1. Audio driver doesn't work. No output device found in system preferences. I tried to install AppleALC too, matched with my chipset, but there's no way to let it work.
  2. I bought a bluetooth USB dongle, ASUS, already used on other hackintosh build. But, I think that the priority is set on Bluetooth chip integrated on mobo (and, obv, it doesn't work). Is there a way to set the priority on USB dongle?
Please, help me. Thank you very much, this is a great community!

@ModMike I can acknowledge, the new dEFI is working (stable and sleep ect works also for me) most of the time the pc does not go into sleep immediatly... he has to finish some task, but then sleeps well.

I'm one of the probably many (I'd assume) not particularly technologically savvy users of this guide who has had great success overall with this, so huge thanks @ModMike - and @Leesureone for suggesting a workaround for the Final Cut Pro GPU issue (I'm yet to risk going into Windows though actually!)

I've suddenly realised I have no knowledge of what to do about OSX updates?
I don't know whether I'm just missing info about this (if so I apologise) can I just update to 10.14.6 for example?
Where would I check to know if it is ok to update?

As promised, a short overview of my build.

Components used:
  • Intel i7-9700K
  • G.Skill Trident Z 2x16 GB (without the LED)
  • Samsung EVO 970 1TB
  • Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
  • be quiet! Straight Power 11 PSU
  • NZXT Kraken X52 AIO
  • NZXT H210 white/black
  • Dell DW1560
I have followed the instructions and came to a point where I could install Mojave but I had to use the Disk Utility first to format the EVO 970.
I did the installation during breakfast and left the system on it's own. When I came back the screen was all black but there was no activity indicator so restarted the system and the installation went on.
When the window for the wireless connection came up I selected my Wifi but he just tried to connect forever. I left it and I came back (again) to a black screen. After another restart I was presented with the window to select my wireless network but this time a chose "other". The installation continued and after another black screen I was greeted with the login mask and the system was installed and I was connected to my Wifi :mrgreen:
I then installed Clover Configurator and copied the EFI over to my system's hard drive and I did the steps to configure Continuity. I forgot my iCloud password and now I'm waiting for Apple's instructions how to reset it. It's almost 24 hours…

I had some problems with the bluetooth connection at first because no devices were found. I have then installed the Wifi antennas and changed the system language to German - one of those steps fixed the issue and I can now connect any bluetooth devices.

I'm using the latest IGPU EFI but a Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 590 Nitro+ OC 8GB is on it's way.

I ran also some benchmarks:
  1. Cinebench R20 => 3673 points
  2. Geekbench 4.4.2 => 6657 and 33679

So far the system is running fine and it's really stable. Thanks to @ModMike for this! Without this guide I would never spent so much money on a Hackintosh :headbang:

Last edited:
I've suddenly realised I have no knowledge of what to do about OSX updates?
I don't know whether I'm just missing info about this (if so I apologise) can I just update to 10.14.6 for example?
Where would I check to know if it is ok to update?

Look into the first post... there are informations about updating MacOS. But yes... i am running on 10.14.6

I then installed Clover Configurator and copied the EFI over to my system's hard drive and I did the steps to configure Continuity. I forgot my password and now I'm waiting for Apple's instructions how to reset it. It's almost 24 hours…
Oh man :crazy:

I forgot my password and now I'm waiting for Apple's instructions how to reset it.

It would have been quicker just to reinstall.

1. Turn off your computer (choose Apple > Shut Down).
  2. Press the power button.
  3. When you see the Clover menu choose the Recovery disk and boot - It may take a few minutes to load.
  4. Select Disk Utility and press Continue.
  5. Choose Utilities > Terminal.
  6. Enter resetpassword (all one word, lower-case letters) and press Return.
  7. Select the volume containing the account (normally this will be your main hard drive).
  8. Choose the account to change with Select the User Account.
  9. Enter a new password and re-enter it into the password fields.
  10. Enter a new password hint related to the password.
  11. Click Save.
  12. A warning will appear that the password has changed, but not the Keychain Password. Click OK.
  13. Click Apple > Shut Down.

Now start up the computer. You can log in using the new password.

Back