Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I'm one of the probably many (I'd assume) not particularly technologically savvy users of this guide who has had great success overall with this, so huge thanks @ModMike - and @Leesureone for suggesting a workaround for the Final Cut Pro GPU issue (I'm yet to risk going into Windows though actually!)

I've suddenly realised I have no knowledge of what to do about OSX updates?
I don't know whether I'm just missing info about this (if so I apologise) can I just update to 10.14.6 for example?
Where would I check to know if it is ok to update?
It’s fine, you should have no issues. Just use software update and be prepared for a couple of reboots before install finishes. Make sure to select Mojave Install at the clover boot menu.

Puh... sorry man. I am not that deep into it. MAYBE u can try a workaround until u get a successful solution for this.
I am also very new to this Hackintosh thing. We could try to use another USB-Port maybe. I ll create an all “sleep” USB port DDST later. It’s worth a try...
Hi just wondering if you were able to create an all sleep usb port ddst? Let me know. Thanks in advance.

With a new iCloud password I tried to activate Continuity but with no success so far. I will try the linked instructions and see how it goes.

Are there any known problems with the NVRAM and the IGPU EFI?
I have to set my keyboard configuration after every restart and from what I’ve read this might even cause problems with iMessage.

Strange... @ModMike said there should be an nvram.plist in the EFI partition. I also missing this data.

Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 19.55.19.png

I also have activated this... doesn't change anything. But sleep act works fine.

Screenshot 2019-09-17 at 19.56.35.png

Strange... @ModMike said there should be an nvram.plist in the EFI partition. I also missing this data.

View attachment 426303

I also have activated this... doesn't change anything. But sleep act works fine.

View attachment 426304
I was able to get the nvram.plist to appear only after updating clover, click on customize the installation, and then ensure that "Install RC scripts on target volume" is selected. Once I did that and rebooted, I found the nvram.plist to appear.

@StefanIsBuilding @vio1
That is exactly what I have pointed out since it did my installation following this guide and noticed that I didn't have that file. There is no step that tells you to do anything that will install the needed scripts in macOS that will handle the creation/reading of the nvram.plist.
It will be done IF you update Clover...but there is no (obvious) need for us to do that since @ModMike has been so generous and provided us with a ready-to-go EFI :)

I got some problems with my Keybord since I updated to the last EFI. If I type really fast, my original Keyboard from Apple goes crazy... it lags and write stuff I have never written... sometimes its impossible to even place my password to update clover ect. Very strange. I ll try out the EFI again. Just to verify its form the BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext or something. It was even hard to write this text here.

Back