Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Now I get it. I usually understand things really quickly, as long as you explain it for a really long time!

You screen looks good but no fan speeds. Do you have an AIO? Where are your fans plugged into the motherboard? Did you disable them in BIOS?

Cheers.

My fans are directly plugged into My AIO's fansplitter which is connected directly to My Pump, and that in return to My mobo's CPU pwm fan header. But Fractal Design Celsius S24 has a static firmware running on the pump itself. See info about it here https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/water-cooling/celsius-s24

My fans are directly plugged into My AIO's fansplitter which is connected directly to My Pump, and that in return to My mobo's CPU pwm fan header. But Fractal Design Celsius S24 has a static firmware running on the pump itself. See info about it here https://www.fractal-design.com/home/product/water-cooling/celsius-s24

If your case fan and AIO is plugged into the MB, then you can enable case fan monitoring in the BIOS, CPU fan should be enabled by default. That should at give you 2 fan RPM readings in HWMonitor.

Last edited:
If your case fan and AIO is plugged into the MB, then you can enable case fan monitoring in the BIOS, CPU fan should be enabled by default. That should at give you 2 fan RPM readings in HWMonitor.

This is what's going on.
Showing you both scenarios.
Once the pump and fans on CPU Pwm header.
And once the Pump and Fans on the AIO pwm header.

Mind you, I have only one pwm header through what this witchcraft is going?

Edit: Added picture where AIO is connected to AIO Pump header on My board and I have set a manual CPU QFan PWM-Profile.

Edit: The Pump is also controlled via the Asus board now.

Edit: Also added picture of missing CPU Fan speed (N/A). That's true for when I'm connected to either CPU or AIO Pump header. Makes no difference.

*** Although the AIO fans and the pump is controlled via the motherboards manual PWM profiles now.

Summary!

In essence the motherboard shows only the Pump speed always first since the AIO only has a single 4 Pin header from which it draws power and info from the board and wise versa.

From there on out the 4 pin goes on to the AIO's fan splitter and the fans somehow magically get speed info from there (meaning the pump gives some info to the Fans somehow).

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 43
  • 0 bytes · Views: 32
  • 0 bytes · Views: 32
  • 0 bytes · Views: 27
  • 0 bytes · Views: 26
Last edited by a moderator:
Really enjoyed this build :thumbup:

Was even tempted to buy the Logitech keyboard, but seeing the price I'll stick with a genuine Apple.

That open case looks superb and you've chosen a neat LED colour layout. Don't know if this phrase crosses continents successfully, but this looks "The Bee's Knees".

:)

Really enjoyed this build :thumbup:

Was even tempted to buy the Logitech keyboard, but seeing the price I'll stick with a genuine Apple.

That open case looks superb and you've chosen a neat LED colour layout. Don't know if this phrase crosses continents successfully, but this looks "The Bee's Knees".

:)

That's high praise coming from someone of your experience and yes, Bee's knees is common on the side of the pond. It made even made me smile.

When you say you enjoyed this build, did you mean the post or did you actually build an Asus Z390?

This is what's going on.
Showing you both scenarios.
Once the pump and fans on CPU Pwm header.
And once the Pump and Fans on the AIO pwm header.

Mind you, I have only one pwm header through what this witchcraft is going?

Edit: Added picture where AIO is connected to AIO Pump header on My board and I have set a manual CPU QFan PWM-Profile.

Edit: The Pump is also controlled via the Asus board now.

Edit: Also added picture of missing CPU Fan speed (N/A). That's true for when I'm connected to either CPU or AIO Pump header. Makes no difference.

*** Although the AIO fans and the pump is controlled via the motherboards manual PWM profiles now.

Summary!

In essence the motherboard shows only the Pump speed always first since the AIO only has a single 4 Pin header from which it draws power and info from the board and wise versa.

From there on out the 4 pin goes on to the AIO's fan splitter and the fans somehow magically get speed info from there (meaning the pump gives some info to the Fans somehow).

So it turns out that we need a custom SSDT for the fans. I took a crack at it but failed, that being said, at least the fan symbol showed up!

I will try again tonight.

That's high praise coming from someone of your experience and yes, Bee's knees is common on the side of the pond. It made even made me smile.

When you say you enjoyed this build, did you mean the post or did you actually build an Asus Z390?

I thought your build was really good :thumbup: Not the usual black or beige box - and full of interesting design decisions.

I only have Z370 so am intrigued with the new intricacies a 390 offers. It's the kind of upgrade step I can't really justify to myself, except as an exercise in learning, so I'll probably wait a while :thumbup:

I thought your build was really good :thumbup: Not the usual black or beige box - and full of interesting design decisions.

I only have Z370 so am intrigued with the new intricacies a 390 offers. It's the kind of upgrade step I can't really justify to myself, except as an exercise in learning, so I'll probably wait a while :thumbup:

How do you quantify the value of fun?

Also figured out the 14th port and updated the post.

So it turns out that we need a custom SSDT for the fans. I took a crack at it but failed, that being said, at least the fan symbol showed up!

View attachment 395031

I will try again tonight.

No hurry :) So long as the board and AIO does it's work and I can see CPU temps, I'm fine for now.
And thank you for always going for the extra mile.

I guess that's the tinkerer in you and other people that do this kind of thing for the fun and knowledge of it. And of course for the experience and spending time with technology.

Edit. And also get to know people. Because it's technology for people. At least for now :D No AI bad guys yet :D

Again. Thanks! :)

I guess that's the tinkerer in you and other people that do this kind of thing for the fun and knowledge of it. And of course for the experience and spending time with technology.
Again. Thanks! :)

Boy, do you get me!

Back